PDA

View Full Version : New to mirtzapine for anxiety and depression, am scared will it be ok

singersongwriter123
12-02-15, 06:17
GP has just given me mirtazapine 7.5mg to start with intitially then to go up to 15mg then to go up from there.

I am having insomonia badly, anxiety and depression.

I guess I just want to hear some good stories about it to ease my anxiety and I am hoping to get some sleep tonight.

singersongwriter123
12-02-15, 21:47
Anyone?

---------- Post added at 21:47 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

anyone had any good experiences with mirtzapine

NoPoet
12-02-15, 21:54
Hi, welcome to the world of mirt!

Mirtazapine has a very strong tranquilising effect, so only take it immediately before bedtime. Do not take it before you need to go somewhere! You will not be capable of doing anything but sleeping within half an hour. On the plus side, believe me, you will get the best night's sleep you ever had - if you've had trouble sleeping, mirtazapine excels at beating that!

The lower doses are more tranquilising. 7.5mg and 15mg are likely to make you feel more tired than 30mg, for example. If mirt does make you very drowsy, don't worry, you will get used to this. If I go to bed late I can get 5 hours' sleep a night and still get up at 6.30am ready for work. I haven't heard of anyone being zombified by it, just be aware that you may feel more sluggish for a time.

The only negative side effect I had was an increase in appetite. I'm aspergers, so I have a very strong sense of taste, but even so, I never realised food could be so exquisite. You will probably gain some weight so make sure you take gentle exercise and try to snack on fruit rather than chocolate. Trust me, you'll get so much pleasure from eating it's practically rude, so watch the calories.

Moley
12-02-15, 21:55
I take mirtazapine at the lower doses it is really good for sleep. I have tried numerous antidepressants over the last few years and this has been the best one for me by far.

I did have weird dreams the first week of taking it not scary just strange. and was a bit tired into the next day while getting used to it but don't have any of that now.

goodluck with it and hope it is the one for you.

singersongwriter123
12-02-15, 22:30
thanks for the replies -has it helped with the depression?

SmilingAlbert
17-02-15, 21:17
>>thanks for the replies -has it helped with the depression? thanks for the replies -has it helped with the depression?

Yes most definitely! How are you getting on with it?