PDA

View Full Version : Hello, im new

jayne3
14-01-07, 19:24
Hello everyone, Im new here so would like to tell you a bit about myself.

I have always been an anxious person ever since i was a kid, i can remember having panic attacks at primary school because i thought i was going to swallow my tongue i grew out of this and then in my teens i would occasionally have panic attacks and would think that i was having a heart attack. I lived with my mum then and she was always really good at calming me down and helping me through it.

To be honest i hadnt had a panic attack for years, but a couple of months ago they hit me really hard to the point where my life has definately changed. Its really weird as well because my life at the moment is perfect in every other way. I have recently got engaged and my fiance is wonderfull and really supportive.

My panic attacks always start with pain usually in my chest or my left arm which i associate with a heart attack. So basically I convince myself that i am going to die. It is the worst feeling i could ever imagine and i do feel physical pain. I know that you will all understand how i feel and its a relief for me because people who dont suffer from them dont really understand how it feels.

Over the past couple of months iv had panic attacks on buses and in supermarkets but for me the worst time is sitting down in the evening. I cannot relax and my mind wonders and i feel pains which trigger my attacks. Im now waiting for counselling through my GP (i have been waiting for 8 weeks!!!), and with the support of my fiance and close family im coping just about, but it is hard and i hope that by joining no more panic i can help myself and help others.

Thank you for taking the time to read about me.

Jayne x

den64
14-01-07, 19:29
hi jayne
welcome to the site, you will find lots of usefull information on here, also there a great bunch of people.
take care
denise :D:D

honeybee3939
14-01-07, 19:29
Hi Jayne

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:D

Take a look at the first step pages you may find them of interest.

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Granny Primark
14-01-07, 20:12
Hi jayne,

Welcome to this site.
The last 2 paragraphs I really understand and empathise with.
Im sure you will find the site really beneficial to you. I know I certainly have.

Take care
LYNN xx

manmoor
14-01-07, 21:06
Hi Jayne,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

clickaway
14-01-07, 21:28
Welcome aboard Jayne. You are one of a great many people in the same situation and never think of yourself as alone in in this.

Panics can be triggered by all sorts of things including life changing events whether they be happy or sad. It's quite often sub-concious thoughts that are triggered.

Take care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

trac67
15-01-07, 00:40
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

nomorepanic
15-01-07, 19:16
Hi Jayne

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

kittykat
16-01-07, 09:51
Hi there Jayne,

Welcome to the site , you'll find it helps a lot.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson