PDA

View Full Version : Update

Avasmummy_x
12-02-15, 21:55
Hi guys I'm just updating you im withdrawing from pregablin but im actually feeling a lot better for withdrawing to 350mg. It seems to be agreeing with me a lot more so my doc thinks maybe 400mg was too strong for me as I am very sensitive to meds and we're talking about introducing an anti d as my ocd is still very bad and I still have a lot of background of anxiety but after reading through my anxiety I am definitley a lot better than I was last year so pregablin must be taking the edge off. :)

I'm doing cbt once a week but she's speaking to her supervisor tomorrow as she thinks I'd benefit from the 24hour high intensity therapist online as she thinks I need more than just basic cbt. She's also writing to my doctor to bring forward my physcologist refferal as its been since September I was reffered and still no appointment.

So on the whole the ball is rolling.
Life isn't great but im making little movements I went to the corner shop on my own today and yes it was awful but I did it so little steps.
Also haven't took a diazepam for 3 weeks as much as there have been moments I wanted too!
Hoping to be in a good mind set for summer.

Fingers crossed this new dose teamed with an anti d could be key.

MyNameIsTerry
13-02-15, 08:21
Never heard of 24hr online therapists...where do I buy one?!!

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better AV.

The OCD is very new for you so I think its unreasonable to expect much until you start working on it as you had more time to understand your HA before this came along. It took me a while, it was just so odd & alien. Reading about how this stuff works helped me to understand that I wasn't going mad.

Its all micro steps, just claw things back bit by bit. I find this happens to me when I go into the side effects nightmare because it makes me withdraw even further.

Some people on here have said a combination has helped more than meds in isolation so its sounds promising.

SarahH
13-02-15, 16:52
That's great news!!! You sound very positive which is always a goo start to recovery:).
Good idea about introducing the AD whilst still on pregabalin. That's what I did and it helped with the start up side effects which I also struggle with. I began on a tiny dose of Citalopram (2.5mgs) and increased it every few weeks. My aim is to start withdrawing from the pregbalin in the spring. The Citalopram should do the job on its own.

Stay strong

Sarah

Avasmummy_x
16-02-15, 15:53
Hi terry I know its new way of cbt:couselling. She said they brought it up in a meeting a week ago and she said straight away she thought of me. Still not heard nothing back yet though. Seems a good idea. Especially if your having a late at night panic attack.

Thanks Sarah. I'm having good and bad days with motivaton im just fed up of being scared to leave the house its ridiculous especially when im anxious indoors anyway.

It turned out I had a very bad Sinus infection which could of been playing part with feeling dazed/not with it/drunk so she wanted to keep me on the pregabalin.

I can tell when I'm due my next dose as my anxiety goes higher so it must be working to
a certain degree :)

netball
17-02-15, 10:43
avasmummy... What dosage are you on?

Avasmummy_x
17-02-15, 21:35
I'm on 350 now x

netball
19-02-15, 08:22
do you split it into 3 doses?
i found that 3 doses was better. My doc has now put me on 2 doses due to the cost of them. X

hanshan
20-02-15, 09:25
High Avasmummy,

Good luck with the cbt. Having someone available on the phone 24 hours sounds amazing - I'm not sure how they do it. You might find you are talking to someone on the other side of the world. But if it works, it's great.

Medication is only part of the answer. It won't automatically stop patterns that have built up over years. But it can help give some free space for talk therapy/cbt to have a positive effect.

Avasmummy_x
21-02-15, 16:48
Yes Ive always split in to three! I tak 50 in the morning 200 in the afternoon and 100 at night.

Thanks hanshan ive got my discharge appointment on Friday which is where I'll get all the details for the new therapist. She said it's only been put in place and become available two weeks ago that's why no ones heard of it. It's basically therapist doing night shifts in a way.