PDA

View Full Version : Feelings of dred/Feeling scared

kelly12
13-02-15, 03:14
Hi All,

Does anyone have that feeling of dred/scarey feeling just come over them that then sets off Anxiety....I been getting that for the last week its horrible...And driving to work is bad too...Im ok for part of the way then all of a sudden my body feels like its shaking, my eyes go and I feel Awful...After I try and distract myself with my collegues it passes but I still feel rough for the rest of the day....Im not even panicking tho or thinking about it...it just comes on ;-(:weep:

plscomeandhelp
13-02-15, 07:52
I get the same feeling. Sometimes I feel like I'm completed with my work and that everything is finished(I'm a college student) when its not. Then my brain just randomly goes "lets search my body for abnormal stuff and then freak about it because of whatever google is telling us"(I'm a hypochondriac) and its really bad because if I do discover something bad, I'm then completely against going to the doctor because I am afraid of that "C" word. What has worked in the past is that I keep thinking about positive things and hanging out with friends is a big :yesyes: . However, sometimes that gets short lived for me when I discover another "abnormal" thing like what I had found a week ago.

JMA
13-02-15, 12:05
Yup. Get the same from time to time. It's like a tap marked spooky juice has been turned on, and for no reason at all I get a sense of dread wash over me. I spoke to my CBT bod about it, and of course they want to know what you were thinking to trigger this feeling. Usually, as you mention, there is no trigger. Just pops it's 'orrible little head up as if from nowhere.

As you mention, distraction usually helps, but due to the amount of fight/flight business going on to combat, and generate, these feelings of fear and whatnot. It can leave one feeling drained.

Ange1
13-02-15, 15:19
I like JMA's description of the spooky juice tap :) There are just some things your mind has programmed itself to react too that triggers the anxiety. It's not always easy to pinpoint the trigger at that moment because you are not always consciously aware. I've been getting it more often the last few weeks. Ok one minute then bang! ...quivering wreck the next x