PDA

View Full Version : I DONE IT

Laurie28
14-10-03, 08:18
Hiya All,

I didn't manage to eat my crunchy nuts corn flakes last night as I thought my lip has swelled up (anticipation i suppose) and I was too wound up.

This morning however I had a bowl at 6.45. I was shaking and I still feel like my head is going to explode I have also developed a wee itch on my neck (which I know is anxiety!!) Ithink as the day goes on I will start to feel better. All I can do is try and eat nuts as much as possible and hopefully banish this fear altogether.

Afraid I can't go into the chat room as I can only use works computer (but if i use my friends i will be sure to pop in)

Thanks for your support (i'm still shaking)

Lucky
xx

Meg
14-10-03, 08:27
Hurrah !!!!!!

Well done Lucky. The hardest part is now over .
Remember allergic reactions are virtually instantaneous so if you're fine now 1.5 hours later, you've got the all clear .

Treat yourself to somthing enjoyable today in recognition and move on.

You should be very proud. None of this is easy but the first steps are the hardest.
Keep us up to date with your progress

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Laurie28
14-10-03, 09:03
Thanks Meg,

Your message meant alot (felt my self welling up, my god I'm getting emotional now!!)

My behavioural therapist suggested I look up anafalactic shock(sorry about spelling) I'm reluctant to do this as I'm one of these people who read side effects of packets and think I have them. In your opinion and experience do you think this is wise or should I go with my gut instinct and wimp out of it

Thanks again
Lucky

Steph
14-10-03, 12:21
Well Lucky

If you need any advice on anaphylaxis shock I can help out there as I unfortunalty do have this!
I have only had it since I was 22 and am now 31.... Not a nice thing to have and have only started getting PA's since June!

Stephx

SD

Meg
14-10-03, 14:50
Hi Lucky,

Anaphylaxis shock is the most abrupt and immediate shock there is and only afects a very smal proportion of people and only in response to specific triggers liek Steph says in her Sympton post. The media and TV has done wonders over the years to convince us that practically everyone gets this . They don't , it's really quite rare. Most peoples allergies are no more than a rash in the first instance. Peanuts and bees excepted.

Unless you are truly allergic I wouldn't even go there as it will probably not even ever affect you.

Keep on facing those fears and crunching the nur cornflakes

Meg

Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
14-10-03, 20:53
Well done for eating the nuts - you did so well to conquer the fear.

Like Radar said - treat yourself to something nice as a reward - you did so well.

Keep eating those nuts though won't you?

Nicola

Laurie28
15-10-03, 15:19
HAD ANOTHER BOWL THIS MORNING. I WOULDN'T SAY THE ANXIETY DISAPPEARED BUT I WOULD SAY I WAS A BIT BETTER THAN YESTERDAY

I WILL HAVE ANOTHER BOWL TOMORROW MORNING AND THEN TRY SOMETHING ELSE WITH NUTS

THANKS
LUCKY

nomorepanic
15-10-03, 19:23
Lucky

I think you can safely say that you do not have a nut allergy now then cos you are still with us and posting away.

Each time you eat a bowl you are giving yourself positive thoughts that you are ok - that is good.

Keep it up

Nicola

Laurie28
16-10-03, 12:28
Steph,

I only have a fear of anaphx shock and I don't know where it came from. the less I know about it probably the better (my imagination is bad enough). I hope u are keeping well and thanks for the post

Lucky

Meg
17-10-03, 00:01
Hi Lucky,

Just keep munching your nut cornflakes and progressing to something more nutty. Then move on to addressing another of your fears. You're doing so great.

Remember 97% of what you worry about is never going to happen. Bring down those barriers of fear bit by bit and replace them with solid positive coping handrails that you can support yourself on anytime you need to rest.

Well done

Meg

Steph
17-10-03, 13:45
HI LUCKY

Yes I thought I wouldn't actually write about what the symptoms etc as I could tell you were very worried and I sussed on it was prob the just the fear of it, that's whay I didn't go into too much detail ---- well done for eating the nut cornflakes and overcoming your fear!!

Stephx

SD

Laurie28
17-10-03, 14:43
Thanks Steph,

U know me too well already!!!!!!

Lucky