PDA

View Full Version : period problems

bambamers
14-01-07, 23:47
i had a baby 22wks ago and ve on the mini pill and combined pill since my baby was 10 weeks old but i stopped taking it due to problems and ive now started a period and its really heavy and got tiny little clots in it(sorry for too much information)i just wanted to know if this was normal and if it is normal for this is probably my ist PROPER period since giving birth.its just ive had light periods for a few years now but iremember in my tees i used to have heavy periods but im just worrying about it all.x

matilda
14-01-07, 23:56
I am not on any contraception and get heavy periods with clots!!! See my posts.

Take care Love Matilda

debstar
15-01-07, 02:24
This has happened to me when I stopped taking the pill.

Also can happen when you are taking a pill that is not suited to you.

Deb

lass
15-01-07, 18:49
I always get clots (I'm not taking any contraception). I've found that taking Evening Primrose Oil has helped to make my periods more regular, and they are also not as heavy, not so many clots and nowhere near as painful. Plus PMT symptoms not as bad.

My periods changed a lot after having children (especially after my 2nd). They take a while to settle down again!

Mable
15-01-07, 22:40
I've had two kids, and what you describe sounds totally normal!

Good luck with the baby - enjoy![:O]

Mable.

bambamers
15-01-07, 23:41
thanks for your replies everyone.think im just abit out of touch with periods and i was panicing because it seems so heavy.i read somewhere that your meant to loose around 6 tablespoons of blood in a period and i was thinking well i know im loosing alot more than that but maybe it just looks more than it is.x