PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get tense muscles in their abdomen/elsewhere?

Anonybrit
13-02-15, 19:28
Since being so stressed I feel like areas of my body have had an intense work out, they feel right and tense and tired. Mainly my abdomen, particularly on the base of the ribcage on the sides and above the hips, but also my butt, parts of my legs etc sometimes it feels ready to cramp.

Also tense and sore muscles in the upper back.

Anyone else?

Densmore
16-02-15, 10:37
Yes, i have had that for a while. And it seems to be nothing cause my tests are all ok. Anyway it drives me crazy. I want it to go away. mine concentrates in the right side of my body.... upper right abdomen, sometimes the back, sometimes hip, even neck and shoulders... hate it.

Mindknot
16-02-15, 14:11
Since being so stressed I feel like areas of my body have had an intense work out, they feel right and tense and tired. Mainly my abdomen, particularly on the base of the ribcage on the sides and above the hips, but also my butt, parts of my legs etc sometimes it feels ready to cramp.

Also tense and sore muscles in the upper back.

Anyone else?

Yes.... I do. Personally I have a few posture issues that I'm working on, but my breathing gets quite short and tight when anxious, so for a period, my diaphragm (that ribby bit you are talking about) was pretty achy. It's a muscle like all the other muscles in your body, so is subject to achiness when under-used. I've had an osteopath work on mine to free it up & breathing exercises over time make everything round there feel freer and more open.

Light_Bringer777
16-02-15, 15:31
Yep, one of my main issue is muscles feeling really tight and painful. I get abdomen, legs, arms and neck. I also get sore upper back but that I 100% know to be caused by sitting at the computer for too long :P