PDA

View Full Version : meningitis - help please, anxiety is killing me

Nathan92
13-02-15, 21:56
I'm guessing UK wide, the flu / cold / other viral infections are running wild,

I have it, my dad sisters and nephew have it, this morning my mam was fine though, bar the cough and the ache, by dinner she was coughing more and now shes lying in the chair, basically unable to move her upper torso, she has MS anyways but shes always been able to move her upper torso...

So about 3 hours ago she was okay and then it hit her like a tonne of bricks, she said she has a killer headache, her neck is aching and her arms feel like lead, like she could just say move them to hold a cup to take some tablets....

with my anxiety I tried to act cool and ran to the nearest computer.... wish I hadn't... I typed in flu symptoms with dead arms and aching neck... and then instantly regretted it... it came up meningitis.... and then there was this little description "you can be fine in the morning, have flu like symptoms by lunch and critically ill or dead in the evening" and my heart sank, I ran to the toilet because when I get overly anxious I need to evacuate instantly...

I told her look..... I googled it and it said meningitis, ring the doctor or an ambulance, she said just let me have a nap and I should be better in an hour or so (this was 20 mins ago) I feel like im going to vomit, I'm aching too because of the viral infection I have + I have a fever and I just feel like curling up and dying... because this all just seems like its the end of the world situation....

someone? please? help me??

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

anyone please!?!

Natasha006
25-02-15, 13:01
Hey hun I'm really sorry to hear about the flu that you guys are all trying to overcome.
It doesn't help that no one answers threads anymore either.
I'm hoping that everything is back to normal in your household and that your mam is much better as well.
As for meningitis. The symptoms are very severe. U wouldn't even be able to tell someone that u can't move ur neck. Also the pain is so severe u would vomit. She would have a very high fever.
And she would be worse in a matter of hours.
I once went to google and types stomach pain and it said I have cancer.
But it was just a stomach pain

I hope you all overcame this horrible viral flu

Nat :)