PDA

View Full Version : *PLEASE HELP* Cluster of petechie?

Toby2000
13-02-15, 23:00
So as some of you may know (see recent post), I have had a problem with petechiae. I thought they were just scattered, but oh no. Just my luck to find a bloody CLUSTER :mad::weep::lac:

As you can see in the pic, there's a small group of multiple red individual petechiaes. Definitely is pet because it's beneath the skin, isn't raised at all and doesn't fade under pressure.

PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IM FREAKING OUT THINKING IT'S SOME KIND OF LEUKAEMIA :weep::weep::weep::weep:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm188/hissymoose123/pet_zpscd09a3a5.png

LE
14-02-15, 00:10
I was getting this too a few weeks ago. Got bloods done and all were normal. I did find out I'm low in iron stores, folate and b12 so didn't know if it's related to this. That said when I was looking everyday I noticed more were appearing and it was making me frantic.

Since the bloods I've stopped obsessing and I've had no more!!!!

Have you have bloods since this started as you said you have been having an issue with pet for a while?x

Ange1
14-02-15, 00:16
Doesn't really look that much like them to me. My son gets them a lot because he has a platelet condition called ITP but they look much more like a rash and bruise like . Is it itchy? Looks a bit like the start of shingles or scabies rash or possibly fungal. X

Toby2000
14-02-15, 00:33
Doesn't really look that much like them to me. My son gets them a lot because he has a platelet condition called ITP but they look much more like a rash and bruise like . Is it itchy? Looks a bit like the start of shingles or scabies rash or possibly fungal. X

Doesn't itch or anything.. it's just there :shrug:

Not shingles, because my mum has that and it looks nothing like it.

---------- Post added at 00:33 ---------- Previous post was at 00:31 ----------

I was getting this too a few weeks ago. Got bloods done and all were normal. I did find out I'm low in iron stores, folate and b12 so didn't know if it's related to this. That said when I was looking everyday I noticed more were appearing and it was making me frantic.

Since the bloods I've stopped obsessing and I've had no more!!!!

Have you have bloods since this started as you said you have been having an issue with pet for a while?x

The trouble is that my parents are so sick of my hypochondria that they won't even take me to the doctor's any more. I'm dying to go (ironic) and get my bloods done, because I just want this worry off my chest :weep:

Ange1
14-02-15, 00:54
With blood conditions the rash is very much more widespread. For example the whole of his lower legs can be covered in them. They look like purple goose pimples until you touch them and realise they are smooth. Yours look like a little loop as if you've pressed against something. Try some hydrocortisone or antifungal cream to see if it helps. You really would also have a lot of other symptoms other than a rash. X

Toby2000
14-02-15, 01:00
With blood conditions the rash is very much more widespread. For example the whole of his lower legs can be covered in them. They look like purple goose pimples until you touch them and realise they are smooth. Yours look like a little loop as if you've pressed against something. Try some hydrocortisone or antifungal cream to see if it helps. You really would also have a lot of other symptoms other than a rash. X

My skin is generally itchy now I think about it, but not specifically on the pet?

Strovbe
14-02-15, 02:24
I get it on my neck sometimes. It'll fade, have you been working out recently?

Fishmanpa
14-02-15, 02:45
Ok... first off, you're 15 years old. The chance of just about ANYTHING sinister going on is extremely small. Secondly, this is an internet forum of anxiety sufferers. No one is remotely qualified to diagnose from a blurry picture or two. That being said and the fact you're posting on an anxiety forum, your parents being aware of your HA and your age, again makes it extremely unlikely anything serious is going on. People get rashes. It's part of life. It doesn't mean cancer or anything of the sort. It does mean, based on your posts, that you're really in a pretty severe HA spiral right now.

You say your parents are sick of you complaining and being scared. What if you went to them and asked about getting help with some therapy? Ask to take you to the doctor so you can get some help with your anxiety. They know you're suffering so I doubt they'd refuse.

Positive thoughts

WalkingWithSpiders
14-02-15, 03:42
I tend to worry about this sort of thing, too. But I also have very sensitive skin, and it can sometimes get itchy, like with eczema. Then when I scratch it, it sometimes ends up looking sort of like your pictures. Have you used any new soaps or lotions recently? Just wondering if something could be irritating your skin.
If it's widespread, in multiple locations on your body, then I'd be concerned. But in just one area, probably a skin irritation. I'd just keep an eye on it.

Toby2000
14-02-15, 04:18
I tend to worry about this sort of thing, too. But I also have very sensitive skin, and it can sometimes get itchy, like with eczema. Then when I scratch it, it sometimes ends up looking sort of like your pictures. Have you used any new soaps or lotions recently? Just wondering if something could be irritating your skin.
If it's widespread, in multiple locations on your body, then I'd be concerned. But in just one area, probably a skin irritation. I'd just keep an eye on it.

It's starting to fade now. I get those kinds of rashes a lot, they appear and then disappear, popping up in a new place each time. Mostly near my inner thighs I've seemed to notice.

Could you tell me what it'd be like if I did have leukaemia for 3 months if you don't mind, because I'm super worried atm and need reassurance :D

---------- Post added at 04:18 ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 ----------

It's starting to fade now. I get those kinds of rashes a lot, they appear and then disappear, popping up in a new place each time. Mostly near my inner thighs I've seemed to notice.

Could you tell me what it'd be like if I did have leukaemia for 3 months if you don't mind, because I'm super worried atm and need reassurance :D

I actually have another one in the exact same place but on the other leg. Does that sound bad to you?

Fishmanpa
14-02-15, 04:26
It's starting to fade now. I get those kinds of rashes a lot, they appear and then disappear, popping up in a new place each time.

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it gets a hold of you. Please speak to your parents about your anxiety and seek help in treating the real illness.

Good luck and positive thoughts

Toby2000
14-02-15, 04:39
Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it gets a hold of you. Please speak to your parents about your anxiety and seek help in treating the real illness.

Good luck and positive thoughts

If it actually was leukaemia what would it be like after 3 months?

---------- Post added at 04:39 ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 ----------

By the way I also have a rash that is raised, soft, in tiny patches and is skin coloured. Not in huge patches, like a few small patches scattered around my legs the size of a 5p coin. Doesn't itch. Does that have anything to do with it?

Fishmanpa
14-02-15, 04:42

It wouldn't be symptoms that come and go! Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

I'm a cancer survivor... need I say more? Now please... go to your parents and tell them about your anxiety. Tell them you're on an anxiety website trying to get help. Ask them to take you to the doctor to get help!

Good luck and positive thoughts... I'm out!

Toby2000
14-02-15, 04:45

---------- Post added at 04:39 ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 ----------

By the way I also have a rash that is raised, soft, in tiny patches and is skin coloured. Not in huge patches, like a few small patches scattered around my legs the size of a 5p coin. Doesn't itch. Does that have anything to do with it?

Looks like this, but not as big, in tiny patches. http://images.totalbeauty.com/content/photos/p_skin_emergencies_p_04.jpg

Ange1
14-02-15, 08:35
The rash of leukaemia is caused by the lack of platelets and by that stage you would be very poorly indeed and in no position to be discussing it on a forum. It really looks like some form of mild allergy or something. Please take Fishmanga's advice and speak to your parents about getting help for your HA x

Toby2000
14-02-15, 13:01
The rash of leukaemia is caused by the lack of platelets and by that stage you would be very poorly indeed and in no position to be discussing it on a forum. It really looks like some form of mild allergy or something. Please take Fishmanga's advice and speak to your parents about getting help for your HA x

I've just thought actually! About 4 months ago I actually had blood in my urine, so I went to the doctors and it turned out that I didn't react well with a virus or something and the bleeding was its way of getting out of my system or something. They did tests on my urine and couldn't figure out what type of virus caused. I read that a common cause of petechiae is actually having a virus. If my body bleeds to get this virus out, then could the petechiae be my body's way of releasing the virus or something?

I asked my mum if she'd book me an appointment for my HA, and she said yes. I don't know if she was just saying that to shut me up though :doh:

Toby2000
14-02-15, 17:16
I've just thought actually! About 4 months ago I actually had blood in my urine, so I went to the doctors and it turned out that I didn't react well with a virus or something and the bleeding was its way of getting out of my system or something. They did tests on my urine and couldn't figure out what type of virus caused. I read that a common cause of petechiae is actually having a virus. If my body bleeds to get this virus out, then could the petechiae be my body's way of releasing the virus or something?

I asked my mum if she'd book me an appointment for my HA, and she said yes. I don't know if she was just saying that to shut me up though :doh:

Oh crap! I've just started to worry about something else :weep:

2 days ago when I got out the bath I started to get this weird mild achey pain around the back of my ear area that travels down to the top of my jaw. Not shooting or piercing just weird. Sometimes at any given moment around 5 or 6 times a day it will happen very briefly. It's not exactly painful just odd. When I press that tiny pen tip sized bone above my ear it sometimes triggers it.

This must mean a brain tumor :ohmy::weep::lac::wacko:

RedXIII
15-02-15, 03:14
I just went into the worst panic I have had in my life over petechiae all over my arms. It was so bad that my wife made me leave my home and stay with my mother... I kept checking other people to see if they had some. Most people had a few but no where near the number I did.
Then I checked my sister... She has almost as many as me on her arms and has never noticed them before. Then I went to the doctor and he looked, waved his arms and said "That is nothing" and continued talking about my anxiety...
I am now on venlafaxine and clonazapam... I feel wonderful for the first time in months.

puzzledlass
16-02-15, 00:10
Doesn't look a thing like petechie to me! My BF has petechie and it looks nothing like that.