PDA

View Full Version : Mitrazapine: Just started is it normal to feel a bit dizzy and groggy

singersongwriter123
14-02-15, 00:27
Took my first 7.5mg last night and got a good night's sleep but have woken up feeling a bit dizzy and groggy, is that normal..from what I have read it will go..

---------- Post added 14-02-15 at 00:27 ---------- Previous post was 13-02-15 at 23:29 ----------

anyone?

valleybear
14-02-15, 01:16
Hi there,
I have been in Mirt now for almost a year and it has helped me so much. Yes you will feel a little groggy in the morning( I am assuming that you take it at night as it has a sedative effect). This should wear off in time and as 7.5mg is a small dose you should be fine. Let me know if you have any more questions about the med.

---------- Post added at 01:16 ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 ----------

Sorry, just read the post again and of course you are taking it before bedtime! Doh! I am a bit groggy myself at this time!!x

singersongwriter123
14-02-15, 02:37
thanks Valley bear, did try Zoloft a week and half ago, my insomonia was shocking at least I got some sleep. I need to try and give this a go...just the awful groggy feeling in my head at the moment, with dizziness this morning, am hoping it will go away in a few days..can you remember..just read the thread on weight gain with Mirt and that has scared me somewhat, I just feel like a lab rat and hate taking another drug, but have come ot a point with my anxiety and depression I need to take something. After battling a serious breast issue for the last 6 months.. Which has gone after all the treatments and medication I have developed anxiety and depression from being ill. Hate taking a drug, but hope this works..I have tried CBT and mindfullness but couldn't stop the racing thoughts. Has mirt helped with your symptoms.

valleybear
14-02-15, 09:39
I too was on Zoloft and it made me so anxious and I had dreadful insomnia. I have had absolutely no weight gain on Mirt 15mg in fact I lost a little over last summer. Just be aware that it may make you feel a bit like snacking more but I didn't have any trouble keeping it in check. Mirt has helped me so much with anxiety and obsessive thinking and to a lesser extent with depression. I had CBT for just 4sessions but found the mindfulness aspect the most helpful. I won't lie, I have had 2"dips" in the year that I have been on it but have managed them reasonably well and have not got to the severe and debilitating stage of anxiety and OCD that I was in before the meds.
Hope this helps, feel free free to send me a personal message if you have any worries.