PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Bites Back

Poppy Girl
14-02-15, 11:39
Just having a bit of a set back at the moment and could do with some support today!
After nearly 3 months of almost normality, one stressful week and anxiety has returned.
I don't feel anxious about anything specific but I can just feel the excess adrenaline coursing through me. Back to waking up with fast heartbeat, tight chest and generally feeling on edge and agitated the whole day. Been like this for the past week and now it's getting me down again.
I'm on Venlafaxine 112mg which I know is a fairly low dose but reluctant to go back to doc and increase too soon, Also have lorazepam for hard days but got to a point before where I was taking it every day and don't want to rely on that either as I havent had any for the last 2 months. True recovery comes from within and accepting anxiety is the key. Meds can only help so don't want to rely on them.
Had therapy and counselling so I know the right things to do and what is unhelpful too.
All good so far but on days when the physical feelings just won't subside it's really hard. Just want to lock myself in a room and cry today. Ive had a setback before so I know thats what it is but just ned a bit of support.
How do others cope? Thanks :huh:

SarahH
14-02-15, 12:02
I'm having a bad day today as well. What I try to do is get through the bad times by saying to myself..." I have been through this before and tomorrow is another day". I just hang in there and try to do as mush mindfulness as possible to stop my racing, negative thoughts... it helps.

Positive thoughts,

Sarah

Ange1
15-02-15, 00:30
I'm going through a bad patch at the moment too but unlike the past when I would get all down and fed up I'm telling myself to STOP and accepting this will happen and it will pass. It's hard though and I must admit at first I felt so down about it We should all give ourselves a big cyber hug :hugs:

Poppy Girl
15-02-15, 12:02
Thank you both for the positive vibes! I'm just feeling sorry for myself as it seems every time I see normality and stability returning something comes along and upsets the apple cart.
I can feel a bit of a difference this time as I haven't just given in and thought "this is it, back to square one" like I have before but I just get so frustrated that I seem to be unable to cope when life gets a bit stressful. It's like the overflowing bucket of emotions empties somewhat only for someone to turn the tap on and fill it up again. Excuse the metaphors but it helps me if I can almost visualise the anxiety.
Ultimately we are all going to get there in the end but it helps so much being able to come to this site and talk to people who really do understand what you're going through.
Today is a little better than yesterday, tomorrow may not be but I guess we just have to try to accept each day as it comes. I know acceptance is the key - goodness knows how many people I've told that to but when you're going through a bad patch it's easier said than done!
Big cyber hugs :hugs: and thank you again x