PDA

View Full Version : What triggers your panic attacks?

star68
14-02-15, 15:35
In my case cardio exercise, not being near a hospital or not knowing where there is one, hangovers and sleep in people's houses :scared15:

icingsugar
18-02-15, 18:26
For me if I have it during the day it will be a reaction to a sudden feeling of nausea, dizzyness or generally feeling unwell.

At night when most of mine seem to happen it's usually a reaction to something going on in my stomach, like a stomach ache, if I drink too much fizzy drinks my stomach will burn and this sensation will travel to my heart and cause rapid heartbeat. Also I sometimes get the sensation that my stomach is inflating and inflating, like a balloon, and this will cause panic. Also sometimes I become overly aware of my breathing and this can cause me to have breathing problems, or I'll feel like I'm not breathing at all, like all the sensation in my throat and lungs disappear and the only way I know I'm breathing is I can hear it.

Daisy112
18-02-15, 20:05
My trigger is my health. I've developed a burning skin sensation in my back and arms due to stress and anxiety. I also, feel as if I can't breath and I get terrified I'm having an asthma attack. Lately I can't get my panic attacks under control and will have them all day for no reason. On top of that I'm on my fifth day of Celexa and now after I take my pill I feel as if my throat becomes extremely tight. Scared to keep taking it. I keep thinking I'm having an allergic reaction

Chiffon
20-02-15, 09:38
I always have panic attacks for a few days, after drinking alcohol. I tend to avoid it these days and the panics are lessening.

MARK1971
20-02-15, 09:51
Normally can keep the panic at bay but my main trigger is just when I'm feeling tired and get an awful headache which leads into the 'oh my god' cycle!

Just have to ride the roller coaster taking tv ups, downs and those stomach churning 'loop the loops!

kelly12
22-02-15, 00:09
if i see something bad on the TV or someone tells me something bad that starts me off. Also I struggle to take a breath sometimes...along with chest pains, drivng alone for a long time. The light headedness that just comes on....or getting palpertations and feeling of dred.

GingerFish
11-03-15, 10:14
My main triggers are feeling sick. I have a terrible fear of puking!, crowds, motorways or roads/streets where we can't just pull over and park and if I don't eat for a while.

one day at a time
11-03-15, 12:00
Your thought process and fear is what triggers panic attacks full stop , accept how you feel and learn not to fear the symptoms or triggers as you put them and you are on your way to recovery .

---------- Post added at 12:00 ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 ----------

They are not triggers w they are fears , fears fuel anxiety, symptoms will only pass if you lose the fear towards them and let them be , fuel them by adding more stress and worry about them and you will have more symptoms ,it's a cycle that needs to be broke. the panic attack will pass sooner if you allow it too by calms no your thoughts and remind yourself your body is only doing what you are keeping it doing , pumping adrenalin and stress hormones , let it be and add positive thoughts instead of fear and your body will act accordingly

kareem
12-03-15, 07:58
What trigger my panic attack:
1. Sudden seeing of an equaintance
2. Fear of sweating or blushing during meeting or taking to group of people
3. Sudden bad news of relative or kin

GuyCalledPolly
13-03-15, 23:53
For My Partner It's Drinking A Bit Of Alcohol Such As 2 Pints And Like 2 Sambuca's Shots. We Tried Just Lager And Just Shots Yet It Still Happened The Same. It's Like She Worry's That Something Is Going To Happen, She Is Quite The Party Animal, Is There Anyway Of Calming Her Down :/ Thanks