PDA

View Full Version : Racing heart

misslove
14-02-15, 17:21
Heart is a bit fast, I feel really energetic but don't wanna do anything. Also really stuffy and a bit of a headache. A little dizzy but im pretty sure it's from beig so stuffy. Hate heart worries. Been to cardiologist a few months ago they did a song and ekg and he said my heart is fine and to enjoy life. How so i stop worrying! Anxiety is making it all worse. Help me be calm!

jared
03-03-15, 12:29
Look at the facts :-) EKG wor up was fine, your doctor went to school for how many years to study this and has had how many years in the field. Trust your dr and the EKG, you'll be fine. Just keep telling yourself there's nothing to be scared of!

Racing hearts happen. Doesn't mean you'll die. It means your heart is just working harder for something goin on in your mind or body - not negative, just normal. Relax hon.

Daniele_T
03-03-15, 19:48
The absolute best way is to ignore it...that means don't take your pulse or measure your blood pressure.
It's very difficult to do but it does work.

I get strong fast heart rates a lot but if I focus on something it fades into the background and I stop feeling it.

I'm only just at the stage of learning to retrain myself to ignore it.
Years of teaching my brain to feel and hear my heartbeat may take a long time to get rid of...sadly.