PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

Misshk
14-02-15, 18:31
Hi Everyone, I have just joined this forum to try and help myself.
I have suffered Aniexty as the past 4 years since the birth of my daughter. It started that I was always worried about my health, if I had a sore head , I thought it was a tumour, if I had a sore throat I had meningitis, the list just goes on. I tried to deal with it myself and hid it from others to be honest.
Since last summer it has flared up really bad. I lost my father in June after months of him being very ill and this involved lots of hospitals, doctors, scans, etc.
The first time it flared up really bad I was away from home, I had a small panic attack worried about what if I take ill, where's the hospitals etc but in the end I calmed down and enjoyed my trip. This happened again later in the summer when away at a friends wedding, I had the worst day ever panic attacks, unable to eat etc but as the day progressed I eventually enjoyed myself.
Now it is a regular thing however it always relates to my health, I am obsessed there is something wrong with me. I do suffer from IBS, Divericular Disease as well as GERD. When these flare up so do the panic attacks. Also (apologises to any males reading this) during my monthly period us the worst for my Aniexty last month I had three panic attacks in one evening.

My mum and husband but to be honest they don't get it - just keep saying you gave to stop this, there nothing wrong with you. My doctor us good he has referred me for CBT which I am starting in April and has given me a prescription for Citopram but I haven't any and don't want too as I am scared if the side effects and also it isn't a long term fix.

So this is why I am here, sorry for the long post but desperately trying to rid myself of this Illness xx thanks for reading

venusbluejeans
14-02-15, 18:36
Hiya Misshk and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Misshk
14-02-15, 18:50
Thank you yes I certainly will, have read few wee bits and bobs and looks good xx hope to speak again xx :)