PDA

View Full Version : is this anxiety?

LilysMummy
14-02-15, 18:32
Hello, so in the last hour ive started getting a weird sweet taste in my mouth, which i automatically think im going to have a fit or something, and now i feel irritable, dizzy and my hands are shaky, so worried, hate feeling like this!

Ange1
15-02-15, 00:16
Sounds like it but also I get like that when my blood sugar is low. Anxiety can be triggered by low blows sugar. I drink some fruit juice for a quick fix or just have something sweet. Too much caffeine has the same effect on me. Ideally maintaining blood sugar by eating well is important for anxiety. X

Shapeshifting Lizard
16-02-15, 20:36
Hello, so in the last hour ive started getting a weird sweet taste in my mouth, which i automatically think im going to have a fit or something, and now i feel irritable, dizzy and my hands are shaky, so worried, hate feeling like this!

Sounds like what I've been reading. I don't know whether to trust the internet or my doctor anymore but I would ask for an appointment. I take propranolol 3 times a day and it doesn't *appear* to help. But that might just be me, it IS the go to drug. But yeah, if mine are panic attacks I get the "fit" fear really badly. It doesn't help that I've seen my dad have real fits :(

The other idea is to face it, remind yourself you're ok and your body can deal with it. I don't know how well this will work but it seems to be now. Haven't tried it with social anxiety though... I have the excuse I haven't slept in nearly 6 days :/ I'm not the expert on that one