PDA

View Full Version : could it still be my fear or ed full recovery? anxious tummy is ruining my life.

lucy_21
14-02-15, 20:38
Hello.
Yes it is me again. I have been posting not long ago about my issues with stomach troubles ranging from loose bowels to trapped gas and all sorts of stomach issues which i know are due to anxiety.
I have mentioned in the past but im saying again now, i am in recovery from an eating disorder and i am wondering if it is the anxiety for this causing this??
I didnt think it would be as i have been soooo much worse with the eating disorder in the past and loads more anxious about eating ect. But it the anxiety symptoms seem to be soooo bad now when i am actually facing it and wanting to recover.

Do you think that subconciously i am still trapped in the ed mindset and scared to go any further and thats causing the anxious tummy stuff?
I know i have a long way to go until i am recovered but i thought seen as thougj im going for it i wouldnt have worse anxiety!

Today i literally felt like i needed to poop all day but didnt if you know what i mean? Then it felt and still does like i need to push out wind but cant.
My stomach churns from.the moment i wake upband often have a loose bowel movement straight away but then later on i feel i need to empty again but then it feels like i cant get it all out kind of thing.
Its the worst thing ever.

Thank you.
Lucy.

urbanhermit
17-02-15, 13:39
Hi Lucy

I'm not an expert on the ED side of things, but when I suffer from stress and anxiety, it does affect my stomach - feeling sick, gas, dry heaves etc.

I'm finding that keeping well hydrated helps me, along with doing some exercise and meditation each day.

It's very easy to dwell on unhelpful thoughts when you are down.

Take care,

UrbanHermit