PDA

View Full Version : post viral fatigue or something worse? stressing as usual :(

snowflake293
15-02-15, 09:04
Hi guys

Yet again I am worrying... I have had shingles for two weeks now. I know it lasts 2-4 weeks but my rash is going now and so is the nerve pain, but I am absolutely exhausted and feel quite teary at times.

My ears feel all crackly and a bit burny, especially my left ear. My left nostril is often blocked first thing in the morning. I have swollen glands in my beck on both sides and they are a bit tender.

I think perhaps this is still my body getting over the virus, and maybe a bit of post viral fatigue... but of course I am panicking it is something worse.

My back and shoulder pain has been quite bad too and I am clicking loads!

Have taken positive steps to feel better, I am eating well, drinking lots of fluids and herbal teas, stopped drinking (for now at least) and I am doing a bit of yoga/stretching each morning.

I am due to go back to work on Tuesday but I am really anxious about it. It sounds mad but I have a real fear of fainting on the train. The train I get is always packed and so hot and I am just worried about passing out.

I have had 2 weeks off work but I want to get back to my routine. Whilst I am stuck at home I am Googling and worrying. I tried to go back last week but they sent me home as I was still signed off.

Think I am going to see the doctor tomorrow to ask for some advice.

Just hate how normally someone would just take the time off sick, get under a duvet and get over it - why do I have to panic and question everything?!

Can't get over the underlying fear I am dying, or something is seriously wrong. I feel like an old woman, my body feels so sore and I have no energy whatsoever. Really worried something bad will happen to me, have visions of myself just collapsing or having some sort of seizure!

Sorry to be so dramatic but I am just getting it all off my chest.

Have any HA suffers experienced similar thoughts or symptoms when recovering from a physical illness or virus like shingles?

xx

Blue35
15-02-15, 10:40
Hi
I was exactly the same and think my HA anxiety stemmed from when I had Pnumonia!
Now I worry about everything even as simple as having a cold.
It is the most awful thing in the world, so yes I can truly understand everything you have described.
Have woke this morning all of a panic and am trying to think why but I haveno explanation at all, but then I think, oh hang on I don't feel well! It's a vicious circle isn't it?
I hope you feel better as the day goes on my darling.
Xx

snowflake293
16-02-15, 09:23
Thanks for your reply :) I am actually feeling a lot more energetic today so I think I am getting rid of it. However my HA is worse than ever as I am worrying about something else today :( really had enough of all this xxx