PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety cause intermittent wooziness/lightheaded feeling? Brain worries....

Always-Worried
15-02-15, 15:32
My latest obsession is thinking I might have a brain tumour.

About three times in recent months I felt *really* lightheaded (not spinny, more like a head rush I guess).

This last few weeks my health anxiety has stepped up a notch (again) and I keep feeling intermittently "not quite right" in my head - kind of like a wave of light headedness. But then I obsess about the feeling and it becomes a kind of background vaguely woozy feeling.

Of course I Googled (why do we do it to ourselves?!!) and that made me obsess more.

Is it possible my anxiety is the cause? It's definitely worse when I remember to think about it than when I'm distracted.

I've never had a classic panic attack though, so it's not that. Heart rate/breathing are normal.

I'm seeing my new GP on Tuesday so will mention to here but how do *they* know without sending you for scans?!!

All this worry us just exhausting....

Thanks for reading....

Tela44
15-02-15, 16:36
That is one of my concerns too. I do think it fits in with just general anxiety symptoms. If you really had a brain tumor, I've been told, the symptoms would be bigger than this.
Those head weird feelings can come from no where at any time. Not fun!

Always-Worried
16-02-15, 13:11
Thanks for your reply.

I just wish I could have a six monthly full body MRI!!

kdf
16-02-15, 14:07
definitely anxiety , i have the same symptoms