PDA

View Full Version : struggling

tricia56
15-02-15, 17:59
sorry to post yet again im really struggling I just feel as if I don't think I can cope with feeling the way I do day in day out ive had anxiety ten yrs now ive never took meds im to petrified but the last few days have been awfull, since fri ive been going lightheaded hada headache feeling really anxiouse and this morning I woke up went lightheaded my arms went weak I went to make my self a cuppa tea and I just felt my legs really shakey andweak my eyes went blurry I ended the back of my neck felt heavy and ended up foning nhs up as I was so scared kept thinking wat if its stroke a tumour and ever since it happened ive been to scared to walk around the house I even had to get my daughter to walk the shop with me incase anything happened to me I just want to sit in my bedroom and dont want to talk to any one because I so wrapped up in how im feeling and want to cry but cant, I keep thinking all this just cant be anxiety, I know ive had abit of a sore throat and cough since tue and my right ear has been feeling full and like I can hear a pulse or something in it so I don't know if that could be the cause, sorry to go on and I probly sound a right hypercondriact but just wanted to tell some how im feeling and maybe some reassurance,

JMA
15-02-15, 18:39
I keep thinking all this just cant be anxiety

Sadly, or maybe not as it means it's not a tumour etc, it can.

I know that you know this, but withdrawing from people and hiding yourself away somewhere will only make things worse. You will just end up focusing on every little thing, and elevating it to being a, possibly Dr Google assisted, tumour-level issue.

For example, that odd feeling in your ear, which may have just passed instantly, is jumped upon and once you focus on it continuously, it will manifest in your mind to become something deadly.

I know it's hard, but maybe try to stop looking inward, and find something outside the self to preoccupy yourself with.

For example, I have been suffering with breathlessness/tiredness last couple of days. I convince myself that it must be something real, but then I notice if I distract myself and I stop paying attention to it stops. It comes back once I am just on my tod, and focusing on it, but the fact it is not there all the time just shows that these crazy symptoms can be caused by anxiety. It's scary, but true.

Caveat: There is no harm in getting a checkover by ones GP, tho.