PDA

View Full Version : need your help again ....

PAULF
02-09-04, 17:17
When my mum and dad phoned yesterday they said "we will phone you tomorrow", i said "well, dont say that, because if you dont then ill worry, phone me if you have a problem" and they said "no, we will phone you" and i said "well if you have time/problem"

Its now 5.12pm and no phone call, (they phoned me at 3.30pm yesterday) i am saying to myself, look thats good, they obviously have no problems and everything is fine or else they would of phoned.

I am due to get on my train at 5.36pm, and you known when you can feel something is going to happen - ie shaking/hot its happening but i dont want the same thing what happened lastnight to happen again tonight. I dont want to use my mobile phone whilst im on the train just in case they phone on it, but thats the only way i know to distract myself from the feelings.

Paul x

Meg
02-09-04, 17:28
Hi

They're busy seeing the sights , probably cruising down the Seine on a beautiful day like today .

Sit on the train and design your perfect house from scratch or plan a dream holiday or listen to music or remember yourtimes tables from school .Distraction distraction or fall into conversation with the person sat beside you and listen to what they have to say !!

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

PAULF
02-09-04, 17:34
and my chatterbox is defeated ..... just had a phone call from my dad to say they are ok and they will phone me tomorrow when they get off the plane!

I seriously am thinking of going to the doctors and asking for CBT - this is getting ridiculous, i can pin point it as to why i feel like this and its purely being by myself.

I dont know any other way to stop it ......

Meg
02-09-04, 17:53
Having people nearby doesn't solve it .

It is just a ready made distraction so makes it much easier so you think it's beacuse someone else was there.

CBT is good stuff . Go and ask for it as it may take ages to come through or if you can afford it find someone privately.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

sal
02-09-04, 19:16
Hi Paul

Pleased they have called you just in time to calm you down some.

It wouldnt be a bad idea at all going to see your doctor and explaining how things are going for you and ask for a referral to CBT. Like Meg points out this could takes ages so going privately maybe the best option, but it is always best asking before you decide.

I hope you are feeling a bit calmer now you have heard from your parents and remember they are coming home tomorrow so that should give you some reassurance.

Love Sal xxxxx