PDA

View Full Version : since infection need advice :(

flutterbuy
15-02-15, 20:13
Hi guys iv been in agony for a few days now with a very painful left sinus started antibiotics today, is it normal for sinus infections to start off a tooth ache too? When ever one hurts it sets off the other also is it normal for your whole head to hurt with the sinus pain? Feeling anxious and feel awful :( xx

Vigilante
15-02-15, 20:17
Hey Flutter, yeah sinus pain can be a nightmare, toothache is pretty common with it, if its maxillary sinus. Did you try steaming? with either a few menthol crystals or a t-spoon of vicks. Really keep doing that at least 3 x daily for 10 mins or so with a towel over your head. It does help!

Hope your better soon

flutterbuy
15-02-15, 20:35
oh really I had no idea tooth ache was common with a sinus infection, thank you il try the steaming as well been a bit scared to do it as the steam makes my throat feel weird and dry lol also is it normal to taste a blood or metallic taste on and off with a sinus infection?? and thank you xx

Vigilante
15-02-15, 20:40
Yeah, I always get the metallic taste even with common colds as I get sinus issues easy, each cold sets me off, I also get rhinitis most the year round lol. Only time I'm good is by the seaside within half a day of breathing in sea air I eliminate all those issues.

My Gp said to me "you know what to do then? Move house!" lol if it was that easy.

Oh, the back teeth happen to be called the maxillary teeth, toothache is because of the increased pressure plus they happen to share a nerve, same as tooth problems with those teeth can actually cause sinusitis too.

flutterbuy
15-02-15, 21:43
thank you hun, the pain is so unbelievably bad :( and I feel so ill with it heart is racing surely a sinus infection cant make you feel this bad and make you literally cry out in pain :'( thank you for the info hun I really appreciate it xx