PDA

View Full Version : Really Needing Help

Spectral
15-02-15, 22:40
Hi everyone, a couple of you may have seen my posts before but I've got a new problem that has come on.

Here's a little background into my situation. I was a frequent marijuana smoker (once daily at night for 4 months straight) and a frequent coffee drinker (1-2 per day for a couple years). On December 3rd, 2014, I had a monster energy drink at around 4pm, after which I smoked at around 7pm. After smoking, I quickly went into my first panic attack (although, at the time, I didn't know what it was). Two days later, on the 5th, I smoked again and once again went into a panic attack. I stopped smoking altogether after this, but I began to have panic attacks daily while sober. This began a viscous cycle of constant anxiety on top of the attacks and was accompanied with excessive worry about my heart, particularly. At this point, my symptoms were as follows:

- Fast heart beat (I went to the gym and just walking/doing light weights I was reaching 101-111. I've been an athlete all my life, and even when running/doing a heavy weight routine I would only reach 70s-90s).
- Constantly stronger heart beat than usual to the point where it keeps me up at night because I can hear/feel it.
- Waking up frequently during sleep
- Constantly yellow/dark yellow urine, occasional diarrhea
- Sweaty & Cold feet and hands
- Chest pains, sometimes when I take a deep breath and hold it I get a stabbing pain on the left side or I feel like I'm starting to pass out
- Constant burping/belching
- Trembling of hands and random bodily twitches
- Constantly red eyes
- Restlessness, constantly have to be moving something/tapping
- Shortness of Breath
-Constant, unending hunger

Now, many of these symptoms have gone away and the worry about my heart is about 10% of what it was. However, now I am experiencing the following:

- Constant fear of schizophrenia/psychosis
- A feeling that things aren't the same as they once were, and a fear that nothing will be the same again
- A fearful response to philosophical thoughts (I used to love engaging in philosophical thoughts/discussions/debates)
- Constant fear that I'm going crazy somehow or that I've damaged my brain beyond repair
- Occasional depersonalization/derealization

Is anyone familiar with these symptoms? Any input that anyone has would be greatly appreciated; I just really need to talk to someone about this. Thank you SO much for any replies.

xvolatileheart
08-03-15, 20:38
I've gone through pretty much this exact series of events. I went from very physical anxiety, worrying about my health to a much more psychological anxiety, worrying about my mind. I kind of cycle back and forth but for me, the psychological anxiety is much worse. I feel like maybe this is a normal step for the anxiety to take, but now I have to break through this part to get better. I feel so depressed and detached and lost with the DP/DR. :(

lisa0406
09-05-15, 20:31
same here you guys! :(

Carnation
09-05-15, 21:00
Spectral, every thing that you have mentioned points to Anxiety symptoms.
I have experienced nearly all of those.

A couple of tips that will help you.

Drink plenty of fluids and avoid alcohol and Coffee.
Eat regularly and snack in between meals.
Get an equal amount of exercise and relaxation.
Change your routine slightly and add to it a few hobbies or past-times.
Regularly do the breathing exercises that are at the side of this page; this will help your heartbeat NOT to pound and calm you down.
Listen to calming music that will relax you.

Basically your Body and Mind need to repair itself.
Hope some of this will help you. :)