PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

NervousWreck94
15-02-15, 23:42
Hey everyone,

I'm new here. I just signed up yesterday. I'm a 20 year old college student still living at home with my parents. I assume I have GAD, I say assume because I have never been professionally diagnosed with it. I'm currently on no medication other than a Lexaton tablet I have to take from my mam once in a while (I know you shouldn't take other peoples medications, sorry). I'm currently not seeking help nor have I sought help in the past other than telling my mam, dad and nanny my problems. I would like to get professional help instead of bothering my family members with my problems as I feel I am bringing them down (especially my mam who suffers from anxiety and depression). I can't go to my GP because I feel that he will just dismiss how I'm feeling and will think I'm making it up as he recently diagnosed my dad with depression so that makes me bottle up how I'm actually feeling. I would go and seek help myself but I can't as I can't afford it because I'm not working. My dad admits that I do need to talk to someone else but I feel that my mam won't send me to a psychiatrist because it upsets her that I feel the way she feels and she feels dreadful sometimes.

Anyway folks, that's my story/rant or whatever :D

Sorry for the essay! :D

venusbluejeans
15-02-15, 23:48
Hiya NervousWreck94 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

RainbowGirl
16-02-15, 00:10
Welcome to the forum,nice to meet you :)

NervousWreck94
16-02-15, 16:26
Nice to meet you all too :)