PDA

View Full Version : Unexplained weight loss

Mrs worryworm
15-02-15, 23:54
After a major panic attack the other day where my whole life was just consumed with worry over the different possible causes for the list of symptoms I have on a daily basis I decided to see the doctor.

I had all my vital signs checked, my urine tested for infection and pregnancy and the doctor hot me to do a few exercise moves and he had a feel of my hips, back and stomach. He gave me a clean bill of health and reassured me that it was just anxiety and gave he done tips to calm myself. It worked got a few days

I went to my local slimming world class on Friday after having 2 weeks off plan where I've ate lots of rubbish. To my surprise I've lost 5lbs in that two weeks! I have lost 1 stone 1 lbs since last year without really trying at all.

Although this is great as I'm normally someone who quits diets before I've lost 7 lbs as I just can't stick to them. I'm worried there's something really wrong with me. I have cramps too sometimes.....please help

flipsake
16-02-15, 05:13
Hi there. I hope it will help if I tell you that your story is a very common pattern with health anxiety. Since you've already been to see your doc you've crossed the first hurdle and so you should now trust him. It is astonishing the level of affect that anxiety can have on you so much so that you will struggle to believe that it is all being caused by the anxiety. And losing weight is also common because the anxiety and adrenaline kills your digestive system so you aren't hungry. Or you're spending time focusing on your anxiety when you might have eaten, or you eat smaller portions. I have done all of this.
You're getting to a point where it's time to accept that anxiety is the cause of your problems and that is the next step, once you start to let this acceptance in your starting down the road of recovery.

Frankie123
16-02-15, 09:25
When my health anxiety was at its worse I lost 7lbs overnight with no change in diet etc. I checked it out with my doctor and she said that was quite normal for someone with extreme anxiety. This has happened to me on several occasions now. It just seems to be the bodies response to the situation.

Mrs worryworm
16-02-15, 17:37
Thank you for your responses. I feel reassured for now. I'm going to stop focusing on food and obsessing over stuff. I'm making myself Ill.

nicolag84
16-02-15, 20:10
Iv had this when i first got ha and now am goin though it again .it does my head in am makes me worry more .