PDA

View Full Version : Can't get enough air, been awake all night!

xBettyBoopx
16-02-15, 08:25
Hello folks,

Not feeling good. I've been awake all night, it's now 8.30am (good job I don't have to go to work). Can't get enough air and I'm sighing and yawning. My chest hurts now and I'm worried because I've had it for so long + I take a strong medication at night so that should help coz it always does. Scared that I have a lung problem and putting a strain on my heart!! GGGRRRRRRR I could scream and cry :weep::weep::mad::mad:

Anyone get this for many hours?

Thanks
Els
xx

cassi23
21-02-15, 11:12
Hi hun, I hope you're ok and have managed to get some restful sleep since. This is something I have struggled with over many years, an believe me when I say that the more you think about it, the worse it is. It's really a case of distracting yourself and not thinking about it. I havnt been on here in over a year but just out of nowhere had the biggest panic attack so I'm back...it may be worth a blood test if its ongoing just to check your iron levels, whilst pregnant I was short if breath, almost gasping to be told that my ferritin which should healthily be between 20 and 200 was 6! Realistically iron can affect anyone though. Worth mentioning anyway. Just remember those relaxation techniques :-) xxx

JMA
21-02-15, 18:32
Anyone get this for many hours?

Yes.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=166009

As Cassi says, the trick is to not focus on it. As once you do, it only gets worse. Obviously, this is quite tricky when you go to bed and the lights are out.