PDA

View Full Version : WALKING

weepinky
15-01-07, 12:00
Just thought I'd drop by to say that I went for a walk on the beach yesterday and cant believe the difference it has made, rather that being stuck inside my own head, my thoughts cleared, the difference is amazing.

I know it isnt possible for everyone, but anywhere open, away from buildings etc would work the same I'm sure......... go on give it a try:D!!

Love Pinky

bubblygirl
15-01-07, 16:11
Hi Pinky,

I couldn't agree with you more going for a walk really helps me the fresh air really relaxes me i love it. Although it can be hard to go for a walk if you dont feel like doing something even round the block helps. I'm addicted to fresh air lol thats why i love the winter im dreading the summer though get very anxious in the heat.

Sarah x

groovygranny
15-01-07, 23:13
Hi Pinky!
Glad you enjoyed your walk and you're so right, nothing like a brisk walk on the beach to clear your head. I'm very fortunate to live on the coast and a very short drive away from the moor where there are some amazing walks around here. I can smell the sea and the crisp country air right now!!

I have always loved walking, and still do, but don't get much opportunity to nowadays [V]. I mean the serious 'walk for a couple of hours and see where you end up' walking!! The more rugged the better for me!!

Never mind. Granny has enjoyed sharing yours with you! :)

Thank you!

lotsa luv

GG [:P]

xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

clickaway
16-01-07, 00:09
How lovely that you took a walk on the beach! I dream of being on a remote beach in the west of Ireland from to time (I love the film Ryan's Daughter).

Whilst I do get tense by taking short country walks, I recognise their value and still hope to crack that feeling with practice and acclimatisation.

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Rollingperson
22-01-07, 23:03
I have to agree that walking really does work! Its fresh air, exercise, distraction, maybe greeting people along the way...all v positive!

And Ray...I recommend Enniscrone on the West Coast of Ireland :-) tis beautiful.

Kerry x

"Why do lovers, choose others,
we circle entwine one another,
in that mask that we wear with each other.
Oh my God how I looked in the mirror,
I looked at a hollow picture,
it was something I could frame"

happyone
22-01-07, 23:08
Walking is great and for those that feel up to it, running is too! When I first took anxiety/depression I started running 30 secs walking 30 secs (On a quiet walkway I hasten to add!) then built it up to 1min and 1min. kept on upping it on a weekly basis and now I am at 25 max (by which time I am knackered but high on endorphins!) on saying that I haven't been out for 3 weeks but plan to start again on weds!
Happyone
x

"Today is the day before tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day." wisdom of my daughter!

craiglc36
06-02-07, 22:05
I find that the only way I can escape my Anxiety /panic attacks is to go Hill walking . My wife and I go every Saturday. We usually Head up to the Brecon Beacons in mid wales . It is Soooooo Beautiful . We are slowly buying all the waking gear known to man lol .
When I walk I am only ever thinking about where I am and how beautiful the scenery is . All other things kinda melt away just for those few hours .

Jaco45er
10-02-07, 16:14
Spot on Pinky

When I was at my worst, I would get the kids and go for a walk around the country park. I always felt better when I got home.

Mind you, my Gran loved walking. She used to walk 5 miles everyday for years, and now we don't have a clue where she is ;)

weepinky
10-02-07, 21:39
Jaco!!! Thanks so much, I had a good giggle at that one :D

Luv Pinky

Yesterdays history, Tommorows a mystery, today is a gift, thats why its called the present.

Lindalou64
12-06-07, 22:43
yes i agree i just started back to walking today i was making myself mental in the house,while my work is at slow pace right now i dont get out much and the more i stay in the worse i feel,so defenetly i walk on the beach is my fav...now with the weather warm and if ya cant get out and when i cant get out on a rainy day ect i use a dvd walking away the pounds i call it walk away this stress.......it works,best to yas......linda xx

Trev
05-07-07, 16:54
Couldn't agree more. It helped me no end.

I'm sure I read of stuides a while back that found walking/exercising outside had the same, if not slightly better results as taking anti-depressants alone over the longer term.

pips
06-07-07, 12:18
Oh definately tis so exhilarating. Luckily I only live a couple of miles from the sea but I haven't got down there that much due to work etc.... I must try to though. You have inspired me to. Glad it helped you.

Take Care,

Love Pip's X X X