PDA

View Full Version : Back to Drs......re water works?!

jarmummy123
16-02-15, 19:52
After a bad night last night with worry and water works I decided to go back to the Drs. My normal lady Dr was off so saw another lady Dr...........

Walked into her room and burst out crying. I explained my problems. Blood in wee by dipstick once, back ache, sore tummy, burning when weeing, and my bits seem to feel sore. 10 days ago it wee analysis came back from the lab with no blood but with bug growth. I was given amoxycillin, it eased while on that but then came back last Friday. She dipped my new sample and said nothing on the dip-strip but would send it off. I told her I was getting no sleep from worry....... by now I was getting really tearful.

She examined my tummy and back. She said she sees numerous ladies every day with the same symptoms. She said its more common for a lady to get a UTI than to not get one and some are stubborn and need more antibiotics. She said that being anxious and stressed makes symptoms worse and makes it harder to fight them. She said she understand my concerns and can't reassure me enough. She gave me a week of antibiotics and will phone once lab results are back. She has also put me back on citalopram and told me to drink lots of water and to go back if I am ever concerned.

I have decided no googling tonight. I went shopping instead and got some cranberry tablets...............

.Poppy.
16-02-15, 22:40
I very rarely get UTIs, but when I got my first - wow. I was a combination of terrified it was something serious and trying not to let it bother me too much because I didn't want to go down an anxiety spiral.

Yes, it is very common for women to get UTIs. Thing is, your 'elimination parts' are so close together, that it's easy for bacteria to get where it's not supposed to be, which causes infection. But it is very, very, very, very, very rare for a UTI to become super, super serious especially if you are using antibiotics and it's being monitored. Just think: for something so common, if it was a death sentence we wouldn't be here anymore, or we would have evolved to have different genitalia. :winks:

Worrying will keep your immune system from doing its thing, so do try to relax, though I know that's easier said than done. Take the cranberry, and be sure to take all of your medication even when your symptoms go away. Too many people don't, and so we are getting bacteria that is harder to kill because it's adapting to defeat our antibiotics. Again, NOT a big deal, just means that a different round of a different antibiotic is probably what you need to kick it for good.

Feel better!!