PDA

View Full Version : gastritis concerns

worrier 82
16-02-15, 21:24
Hello i dont no where to start so sorry if i babble.

I need some help advice.

It started ending of november last year i had a mcdonalds breakfast and started feeling bit sicky full etc didnt think that much of it till later that day when i felt really sick stomach cramps bad fever and diarrhea no sickness though next day seemed to have gone just icky tummy then couldnt seem to eat anything without feeling really sick and full also went 2 weeks without a bm at all since then i have had
upper tummy bloated feeling
Burping alot
Heartburn not for long that went
feeling sick that's the worse i think
soft bm and infrequent but get the feeling i need to go
Cannot Eat alot at all
cant stomach tea

I went doctors after christmas cos i thought it was just a bug he said gastritis gave me omeprazole 20mg months with went back few weeks back got another month worth as although eating improved still not right.

my question is had anyone had gastritis how long does it last was it like this i no everyone different just need some support as i struggling if it is gastritis or ibs or worse which is then adding to the sicky feeling etc.

Thankyou

Also the whole time its been on and off like bad for 3 days then nothing for couple of days which makes me worry all over again thinking its gone then back

zippy
17-02-15, 12:31
I had an endoscopy last week and gastritis was found, they just gave me pantoprazole and a leaflet on acid reflux.

worrier 82
17-02-15, 13:03
Thankyou for your reply zippy was/are you getting same sort of symptoms i am so worried dictirs going to say to me about an endoscopy.

zippy
17-02-15, 13:19
I don't know what's with that because i had an ultrasound on saturday and i have a gallstone too. I have nausea, sick after alcohol, burping, stomach aches, back/shoulder ache, food/acid coming back up etc.

worrier 82
02-03-15, 22:49
Update went to doctors again today and his sending me for scope his words that mean top or tail ? Worried like mad been in a state last few hours now heading to bed and mind running all over the place :(

Dazza123
02-03-15, 23:09
I have gastro esophagil reflux disease, have done for 12 years, mine is mainly severe pain at the top of my stomach and into chest (causes massive anxiety) but I had an endoscopy quite a few years ago, and am awaiting another. Its a tube down the throat, they will either spray your throat with something that numbs it, or you can be sedated. First time I had the spray, this time I will be sedated as I cant handle the tube. Its not horrific, and most people are fine with it, so don't worry about that, but for me I have a swallowing disorder so need the sedation. Its a good thing to have because whatever the problem is, they will find it for you, and then you can get on the mend :)

worrier 82
03-03-15, 08:36
Thankyou dazza im so nervous for both actually having scope then what they find im trying to not think about it today but as soon as i woke up i was filled with the dread but going to try keep calm

KayeS
03-03-15, 11:10
I've had similar symptoms for 5 weeks now. Went out for a meal with friends, woke up that night with severe acid and pain in my chest and back. Since then I've been having stomach pains on and off, much more so in the last few weeks, and also my oesophagus feels very tight. When I swallow it feels as if it's full of air and the food/water is trying to push past the air. I too also feel the urge to burp all the time etc. I feel the pain/pressure mainly in my back when I swallow....

worrier 82
11-04-15, 00:49
Well thought i would update i had the scope on Thursday was so nervous and anxious didn't get no sedation abs was actially ok was only about 4 minutes i was more worried what they would find do my mind was focused on that.

Anyway he said gastritis and wide spread redness and that he took 2 biopsies and i woukd get results in 7 to 14 days and since then i been going mad what they looking for coukd it be bad i can't even say the word because of issues i have but that's all i keep thinking
Anyone wwith some comforting words please :/

---------- Post added 11-04-15 at 00:49 ---------- Previous post was 10-04-15 at 21:04 ----------

Laying in bed cant sleep stomach feeks like it did few months ago feel like i going backwards feel so sick :(

Gary A
11-04-15, 01:42
They're looking for the cause of the inflammation. You may have a bacterial infection or your stomach lining may bs damaged. They never saw a tumour or an ulcer so they're pretty much ruled out as a cause. They're simply making sure they treat whichever infection you have with the correct antibiotic. There is a whole host of bacteria that can cause gastrointestinal problems, they need to decipher which one it is in order to treat it. People hear the word "biopsy" and think the worst, the fact is that a biopsy is just a small tissue sample removed to inspect for all kinds of things. Try not to worry, it's just their way of treating you properly rather than throwing useless medication at the problem.

worrier 82
11-04-15, 12:12
Thankyou gary that helped :)

worrier 82
20-04-15, 12:59
Just back from doctors results still not back yet :( why is it taking so long

Beckie4567
28-06-15, 18:41
How did u get on

clairebear34
28-06-15, 22:52
I came across this message and I too was wondering how it went what was the outcome? as im suffering the same but I wont stress about it because its a vicious circle the more I stress the more my tummy goes mental I develop a lump in throat with difficulty swallowing aswell when I stress so I try staying calm hard yes impossible no... gerd and stomache problems ie ibs, acid reflux stomache cramps nauseous all ho hand in hand with anxiety but we the focus on it the more we focus the more it gets worse its a merry go round haha just try not to stay on that merry go round cos ita a big fat pain ive suffered for 21years with gad panic disorder coupled with health anxiety ive had every single illness going... I sit at drs if a family member is in or my partner and I basically tell the dr what is wrong with the person my dr recently sent my partner for a removal of a spot on his nose I was the one telling the dr that he needed to be sent to the dermatologist he was bloody googling what to do haha he looked at me blown away and ask how long id been in field I said oh no im not a dr im a suffere of health anixety and have read more jornals and google and anything health related in the last 10 yrs its crazy this anixety but sometimes its also hood yo know stuff btw I also told another dr that my dad has high colestral how did you know I said the white patches around his eyes I also when my mum was poorly with sciatica told them could she have diazepan as it wad hurting her more cos she was stressing and focusing on it that much that her painkillers wasnt even working due too lack of sleep and focusing.... they gave her diazepan and said your daughter is a very clever girl lol so in some cases its really good too know but still I cannot believe the things ive done to convinve myself ive had tumors cancer heart attack stroke cervical cancer dvt throat cancer stomache cancer ive done the lot the boggest and worse thing you can actually do is look up things cos ten clicks through google youve got everything going its not nice we are subconsciously reading the stuff kearning it then our brains (funny things) focus on them symptoms we just chevked up on then we develop more ... its like the anixety we are more aware a sensitive in our bodies we only need to read the information sheet in the tablet boxs we then come out with side effects more so than any normal none sensitive person my reasoning now is to give the symptoms a few days now dont google just wait and stay active and do relaxing things then see if they reduce after a few days I always aswell if I get like a little twitch in my leg back or wherever I then shift all my attention to that wjich then that starts to hurt and my stomach no longer hurts its so random I know but watch its feeaky .. hope all is well xx