PDA

View Full Version : Anticipatory Anxiety

dlm2410
16-02-15, 21:25
This is my first post. I have been suffering from GAD\work related anxiety for 16 years now and have been on paroxetine for most of that time.

I think my problem is mostly anticipatory anxiety. Always thinking what if thoughts regarding work. What if I can't cope with the workload. What if so and so leaves ? What if I can't fix the next problem or what if my boss doesn't like something I do ? I am terrified of losing my job and ending up on the breadline, although when I look at the facts this will never happen.

Whenever I take a holiday the anticipation of returning to work becomes overwhelming.

I always get good feedback and appraisals but feel I must always be anticipating the next problem that may come up.

I am just so fed up feeling this way. Are there any other people out there who feel the same ?

MrAndy
16-02-15, 21:40
This is me basically,I worry all day every day about work and losing my job
I can't go on holiday properly without ruining it by thinking about work
I am getting better but vey very slowly,cbt really helps you overcome this but it takes time

dlm2410
16-02-15, 21:53
Thanks for replying. I tried CBT but could never keep it going.

Annie0904
16-02-15, 21:58
This may be helpful to you http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=46

dlm2410
16-02-15, 22:30
Thank you. I will have a look at this.

---------- Post added at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

This is really ruining my life. I can find no joy in anything. I can't relax. Constantly anticipating what might go wrong next or what problems I may encounter tomorrow. I am scared most of the time but particularly first thing in the morning. My anxiety gets better during the day but then starts ramping up in the evening with the anticipation of another day. I have nothing to worry about. I have a good job paying a good salary plus a loving wife and two healthy children but cannot shake this fear. It's as if I won't be able to handle any changes that may come up and everything will just fall apart.

Annie0904
16-02-15, 22:47
It is all about changing your thought processes. Hopefully the link I gave you will help with that. Work through it but remember it will take time but you can do it.

MrAndy
17-02-15, 13:54
try the link Annie has given you ,it does get easier it has for me .I now find I can handle situations better at work and have learnt to ignore things and walk away.CBT really helped me with this
good luck

dlm2410
17-02-15, 20:05
Thanks to both of you.