PDA

View Full Version : Something stuck in throat again, red patch in roof of mouth

Strovbe
16-02-15, 22:36
That feeling (globus) came back again. On the left side, as usual. Feels like a hair or a pill, maybe something sharp is stuck in there, gets worse if I crack my jaw or swallow too much. Now I've got a red patch next to one of my molars, it was painful and bleeding yesterday, doesn't seem to be hurting or bleeding today. I'm terrified I have oral cancer and that it has spread to my mouth. I haven't been losing weight or anything, though my appetite is skewed, probably due to the celexa I am taking.

popejoan
16-02-15, 22:41
Globus feeling comes and goes then? Nothing comes and goes with cancer, once it comes it only gets worse. I have globus too, sometimes it's better, sometime it's worse but always there. I think this is one of the most common symptoms among people with anxiety, there are thousands of posts only on this side. About red patch, you sad it's not hurting today so it's getting better, it's probably gonna disappear soon.

Strovbe
16-02-15, 22:52
Globus feeling comes and goes then? Nothing comes and goes with cancer, once it comes it only gets worse. I have globus too, sometimes it's better, sometime it's worse but always there. I think this is one of the most common symptoms among people with anxiety, there are thousands of posts only on this side. About red patch, you sad it's not hurting today so it's getting better, it's probably gonna disappear soon.

Well it's been there since November, sometimes I don't notice it, other times it bothers me A LOT. Never caused any problems swallowing though, but I suppose you're right. I'd be coughing up blood by now had it been cancer, I assume. I'll see about the red patch.

cattia
17-02-15, 19:46
I have the same and also intermittent jaw pain on one side. I had an ultrasound last year and they didn't see anything, I was told it was muscular but of course I have convinced myself that I had something too small to show up and now it's growing. It seems like these issues are often caused by muscle tension which usually tends to be worse on one side than the other. I also get episodes of tmj that are so bad I can barely swallow, that comes and goes too.