PDA

View Full Version : Gallstone??

zippy
17-02-15, 11:28
I had an ultrasound on saturday and the gallstone i knew i had has grown to 2cm. I am waiting to get my gallbladder out. My dr thinks this is causing my constant right back/shoulder/neck discomfort/pain, gastritis and acid reflux symptoms. I have had my bloods done and my chest listened to and oxygen levels checked and all fine. I have had an x ray of my right shoulder and all ok. I still keep having doubts that it isn't just the gallstone and it's my lung.

Annie0904
17-02-15, 13:06
I have had gallstones and have since had my gall bladder removed. What you described sounds like gall stones to me and I agree with your doctor.

zippy
17-02-15, 13:20
Thanks annie. Just worried because the right side back/shoulder discomfort never goes away and seems to be getting worse.

Annie0904
17-02-15, 13:34
I had the same zippy and I have a friend at the moment who is waiting to go in and have her gallbladder out and she has the same pains too.

zippy
17-02-15, 13:36
Feels like i have a golf ball stuck in my back all the time.

Annie0904
17-02-15, 14:15
Gall stones are very painful :(

Always-Worried
17-02-15, 15:11
Your symptoms sound spot on for gallstones.

I had my gallbladder out in 2010. Before the op I would get terrible attacks as well as lower grade "niggles" which included pain in my right upper abdomen, a band of pain around my whole torso and back/shoulder blade pain. I have a little jar full of stones including a big one like yours!!

If it was your lung they would have seen it in your x-Ray.

Have they put you on omeprazole or similar in the meantime? I found it helped a bit.

zippy
17-02-15, 20:21
Yes pantoprazole which helps with some of the acid reflux symptoms but not the back/shoulder/side ache.