PDA

View Full Version : Night sweats

Anfield 15
17-02-15, 21:19
Hi all ,
I was just wondering if I was alone on this one , for the last four years or so my anxiety/stress has been up and down , up more than down , however hardly a night goes by without me waking up with my head drenched , not so much all over but pillow very wet . At one point I was convinced I had leukaemia or something like , I have the bedroom cool ,no pyjamas yet it still happens , quit caffeine months ago , drink chamomile now .
Just wondered if anyone has or had this due to anxiety .
Thanks

Anfield 15
18-02-15, 07:24
Just me then !

jimsmrs
18-02-15, 15:54
Hi Anfield 15

Are you male or female? and how old are you? are you on any medication?

Night sweats are common with anxiety and other factors, like menopause or thyroid problems and it's a side effect of certain medications.

Anfield 15
18-02-15, 18:48
Hi there fellow red ?
I,m male early forties not on meds now for 2 years did mirtazapine for 2 years and tapered off . Had heaps of tests done checking thyroid etc came back nil , but I had episodes of drenching sweats a while ago convinced I had luekemia as I was seeing bruises and had aching calves etc but docs said not . Nowadays I can guarantee I will wake up in night with back of my head wet through but not all over body ? Every night although to a lesser degree on a Friday or Saturday how weird now wether that's because I have a drink on a weekend I don't know ? I,m what I would class as a functioning anxiety sufferer I get by I do not want meds I listen to relaxation things on you tube at night the honest guys have some good stuff out there on you tube , cut caffeine down by 80% 1 cup a.m then camomile tea I still have high intense bouts of anxiety verging on attacks which I,ve had a few of in the past . I just can't seem to get the monkey off my back

Oosh
24-02-15, 17:20
Have you had your testosterone levels checked ? I only ask because I read this recently and remembered your night sweats symptom.

"‘But when I hit 55, my health went downhill. I became exhausted, woke every night dripping with sweat, my whole body ached and I was utterly depressed."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1372132/The-MANopause-How-doctors-prescribing-HRT-men.html

Brunette
24-02-15, 19:52
Do you sleep on a pillow with a natural filling? is your bedroom too hot/quilt too warm?

Daniele_T
24-02-15, 21:02
Hi there,
This is my first post to the forum you lucky person.
I too wake up nearly every night with my pillow and top of my quilt soaking from sweat.
I have been having a lot more panic in the last 6 months and yes I do think that it's normal with the body carrying a shed load of extra adrenalin.

Additionally I'm 37 years old, I smoke and I drink a few pints pretty much every night.
Have done for about 15 years or so.
On days that I smoke less than 10 I don't get night sweats.

Not sure about your habits but there you go.

Ps. I sleep often on my front or side and hunch my shoulders a lot keeping the quilt around them.
All things which can contribute.

Anfield 15
24-02-15, 21:52
Thanks guys for answering , re covers and quilts very light I don't like being smothered or hot prefer to be cooler . Whilst we heat the house we tend to keep upstairs cooler in. The testestorone theory ? No I haven't had them checked . Are you saying they could be high or low ? Low I,m guessing .
I don't smoke , used to years ago . Pillows doesn't matter I have memory foam and the normal ones . Not on medication although when I was on mirtazapine 2 years ago I woke up like I,d just showered , yet each night guaranteed I wake up in the night and have to switch pillows . I use a towel but I must fight with it in the night as it moves !!

Daniele_T
25-02-15, 00:03
If you can change whatever is stressing you at work then do so..whether it be by confrontation or moving to a different site.
If it's just workload...and I doubt that it is because nobody gets stressed about working hard but only deadlines or pressure...then however you can change it...try.

If that really isn't possible then realise that your work is not as important as you, your family, your health and many other things.

An old proverb is ' only a fool takes his work to sleep'
I used to think on this because I was in a similar situation and had an awful manager who was very agressive...eventually I sacked the work and moved to a different office doing the same thing...literally within a week I looked 10 years younger.

Address your work and don't stress about it if you can..otherwise you know the answer ultimately.

Good luck and I hope you can find a happy place to keep you dreaming till the alarm clock :-)