PDA

View Full Version : Light headed and tired?

Liv7117
17-02-15, 22:44
I just got over a pretty bad cold and have been feeling better for a few days now. I'm still a little stuffy, but Not nearly as bad as it was before and My fever and cough are gone. All day today and yesterday I have been feeling extremely light headed and dizzy and very tired. I have been drinking a lot of water and eating enough so I know it's not that. Is this normal after a cold? I have no energy and every time I stand my head and heart start pounding and I see spots. I am otherwise healthy, I am slightly low on iron but I take vitamins for that and it normally doesn't affect me. Also, this morning I coughed up bloody mucus. Is this normal? Thanks!

Mindknot
18-02-15, 11:55
You could be feeling better, but not quite well... some viruses can linger for a bit and make you feel a bit off-balance and tired. You probably just need to rest a bit more, to get your energy back up, however all of these things can also be caused by anxiety, so try to avoid a cycle of worrying about it too much.

I suspect a one off bit of bloody mucus is nothing to worry about after a cold as your airways were probably quite inflamed - go see your doctor if the symptoms continue for a while though.