PDA

View Full Version : neck

airwolf451
15-01-07, 15:13
hey guys little help needed here

i have a pain in my jaw right beside my ear on my left side, woke up with it, hurts when i yawn cough, turn my head, hard to explain it.

i woke up with it this morning, feels like i have pulled a muscle but i havent, at times it goes right into my chest.

help

" for God did not give me a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, a spirit of love self discipline, sound mind and body, peace strength and good health"

ceecee
15-01-07, 15:46
hi airwolf
its tension i think, i get this too sometimes
try rubbing in some deep heat or if anyones close at hand ask them to massage it for you
also it does help if you try and relax
take care
rach x

airwolf451
15-01-07, 15:52
thanks hun

going to try a heat pad,

really feels like i pulled a muscle there, or maybe an ear infection

" for God did not give me a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, a spirit of love self discipline, sound mind and body, peace strength and good health"

honeybee3939
15-01-07, 20:45
Hi Wolf

Sounds like tension, take a look at this link

Neck tension
Achy neck and jaw (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2938)

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

airwolf451
17-01-07, 12:18
feels like tension ,

sucks dont it, pluse to add to it im a little swollen on the my throat on teh left side,

feels like i have pulled a muscle when i yawn or swallow

jacq
17-01-07, 15:37
hi i have got exactly the same problem on my right side and it also feels as though i have pulled the muscle in my tongue, have been like this since the week before xmas so this week plucked up the courage to see my doctor. after spending half an hour in the waiting room wanting to run out screaming eventually went in and explained all of my symptoms, she took one look at my notes and said it was my anxiety, i had hoped she would have at least examined me first and it dosnt give me great confidence that they would find anything serious if i was ill. she said she couldnt find anything at all but the feeling is still there and i am trying to convince myself that she is right, but that does not help much sitting at home on your own worrying about it does it ?

courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "i will try again tomorrow"

airwolf451
17-01-07, 17:44
hey jacq i agree.

they seem to listen to what you have to say , look at the pc screen and say yup thats anx lol

how bloody annoying.

today as well as feeling like i have pulled a muscle at the back of my throat, my mouth feels dry and wet at the same time, go figure

also i have flutters at the base of my throat where it connects to my neck.

agggggggggggh
will it ever end :):D

jacq
19-01-07, 11:08
hi airwolf, sorry you are still not feeling well, as i said in my last post a started to feel bad before xmas and this morning i got up and felt fine the pain in my jaw has gone and it doesnt feel tight when i yawn. i am now sure that i just had a virus but if you had seen me a week ago i thought i was dying, your mind is a very powerfull thing and can talk you into you anything in the middle of a panic attack, but i do think the bigest help is knowing somebody else has exactly the same symptoms and recovered, you can help each other find a bit of courage. i get the fluttery feeling in my throat it is a long term feeling and it doesnt bother me anymore, i think it is when a nerve goes into a spasm it is the same when your eye twitches or a nerve pulses in your wrist, i find it helps to have a big drink to make me burp it seems to displace it but it is definately more noticable at first when you assume it is anxiety based. i hope that you feel better soon but try not to focus on it too much i felt terrible for over a month.

jacq x

courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "i will try again tomorrow"