PDA

View Full Version : Hello

gigglykate
15-01-07, 15:51
Hi!

My name is Kate, and after having hell week last week where I floated between complete lethargy and shaking and sweating, my GP has said I have anxiety.

I'd never heard of it before really - I thought it was panic attacks. Apparently not.

I've been signed off work until I see the mental health nurse in a week and a half, but until then I get to sit at home and let my brain go into overdrive, worrying about work, relationships and what my friends 'really' think.

Any and all advice greatly appreciated!

manmoor
15-01-07, 16:44
Hi Kate,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

clickaway
15-01-07, 16:59
Welcome Kate!

You are not alone in having anxiety and please take time to read up on our pages here

First steps for overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=firststeps)

Take Care - we are all here to help one another

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

yorkylover
15-01-07, 17:10
Hi Kate and welcome.you are not alone.While you are waiting to see the mental health nurse you can come here and get lots of support.:)

Ellen XX

jo61
15-01-07, 17:20
Hi Kate, you'll find lots of friendship and support here.

Love Jo xx

gigglykate
15-01-07, 17:47
Wow, can't believe how friendly you all are!

So, what's the difference between anxiety and depression? I thought I was 'just' depressed - this anxiety thing has thrown in allsorts of new things to worry about!

And how come with certain people I feel like myself, and behave normally, whereas I can't even speak on the phone to others - some of them really good friends that I've known for years.

And when I'm behaving irrationally, how do I know when I'm normal. I feel like I'm trapped in a cycle of thinking I'm ok, then doing something strange, then crying, then worrying I'm going mad.

Aaaaaaaaaagh!

jo61
15-01-07, 17:51
The two tend to go hand in hand unfortunately and it's difficult to distinguish between them

Jo

sandlin
15-01-07, 18:49
welcome

This is a good place to start to find out your answers

Linda

nomorepanic
15-01-07, 19:13
Hi Kate

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

honeybee3939
15-01-07, 20:26
Hi Kate

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

feels_like_home
15-01-07, 21:11
Hi Kate,
As you can see you are not alone. Take this time to do positive things for yourself. I hope you are feeling better.
Take care,
Michelle

trac67
15-01-07, 22:28
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends,

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

catherine24
15-01-07, 22:56
hi kate welcome here you will find loads of advice and friends here i look at this website every day and feel better that you are not alone, anxiety or panic attacks we still feel like s*** catherine

kittykat
16-01-07, 09:56
Hi Kate,

Welcome to the site, you'll find it a graet help and support and you will find out a lot about anxiety and depression.

Take care

shirley xx

'' I am an optimist, but I'm an optimist who carries a raincoat. '' - Harold Wilson