PDA

View Full Version : Positive times

37fatheroftwo
19-02-15, 13:31
I've given in and gone into Sertraline. I had to leave my job a few years ago and went onto citalopram and it worked well but the first two weeks are tough. I'm now in a new senior job and been there for 3 months. I am very pleased I got through the 3 months but things are starting to get on top of me. Hence the Sertraline. I was worried about taking it as I haven't taken it before but I know they work so looking forward to it. I find this website very helpful and useful. I have beaten this before and will beat it again. I have difficulty getting on with tasks and easily put things off. I get very nervous and have the butterfly feeling in my stomach. Also I feel hot and cold and am often quite shivery. I also need to keep busy and distracted but feel this is not a long term solution as I cant relax. I hope this passes as I need the money and can't take time off ill. This is me sharing. I welcome you comments.

23tana
19-02-15, 15:49
Congratulations on getting and managing your new job. :)

I recognise the symptoms you have as I am the same. Keeping busy makes relaxing even more difficult. When I start to feel nervous and shake I try to treat it like some mundane task that has to be faced again by using a "here we go again" approach to it. That doesn't always stop it but usually reduces the intensity.

As you say, you've beaten this before.Keep posting on here for encouragement and I'm sure you'll do it again. Good luck.

37fatheroftwo
19-02-15, 21:43
Thanks Tana. I am driving my wife crazy as I can't sit still or relax as I think something will happen. Not sure what!! Did you find the shivers passed with time?

23tana
19-02-15, 22:14
Hi. The shivers passed, I just had shaky hands if I became anxious. The doc gave me tablets for that (propranolol)