PDA

View Full Version : Stiffness/Shaky

at86
19-02-15, 14:51
Hey all,

I know this is a common fear among people with anxiety and I'm sorry it's being brought up again. It's difficult to accept other things you've read until you get a direct an answer to your symptoms specifically as ridiculous as that is!

With either MS or ALS would you get all over body stiffness and feeling a bit wobbly/shaky in each limb?

I've always been quite stiff in the morning for a good few years now despite only being 28 (I put that down to formerly being extremely over weight and then losing it very rapidly) but over the last week or two I've noticed I'm extremely tired all the time and my whole body is stiff as a rock for a good few hours after I wake up. Usually having a shower makes this go away but recently this doesn't make any difference. I feel the constant need to stretch just to take it away slightly.

Anyway I'm sure this has been asked a bunch of times but just looking for some reassurance.

Thanks.

popejoan
19-02-15, 15:13
Well, I don't know much about MS but I think I know more than I should about ALS.

Stiffness with ALS is mostly in one limb, shakiness comes at later stages so you would be already diagnosed when shakiness comes. It's never all around your body.

For example and ALS patient who has a leg onset would feel stiffness in one affected leg. Tiredness is also not an early symptom of ALS, it comes later. Maybe it's due to the way you sleep?