PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to do.

andeeh
19-02-15, 15:05
I'm 23 and had anxiety for as long as i remember. been taking setraline and SR propranolol for a few years which takes the edge off.

Since November I've noticed things getting worse and worse. I went and discussed things Late November and They just upped me to 100mg setraline a day.

I'm at the point now where I can barely go into uni because I will just have to throw up walking out the door or at any point while I'm out. I can't face coursework, I am constantly having a panic attacks and feel on the verge of one nearly all the time and I'm not sleeping.

I went to the doctor today. Told him all this and he said that I had to wait a month for uni to be quieter then they are going to wein me off setraline and try something else which will take many weeks.
I do have counceiling which helps but I can't help but feel that waiting until easter then going for a month long medication change which will be hell for something that only might work seems really slow because I really can't take much more now.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I feel helpless and like an idiot for going into the doctor today.

23tana
19-02-15, 15:39
You're not an idiot. Unfortunately the meds we have do take a long time a) to leave our systems b) to achieve full effect. If you can take it day by day until the easter break, your doctor seems to be right in thinking then would be a good time to change over. I'm sure he wouldn't have suggested a change unless he thought it would be beneficial ffor you, but if you are anxious about it, go and talk to them again now you have had time to consider the idea. Good luck with your studies and the meds.