PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Worried - Urine Results say 'make appt with Dr'

jarmummy123
19-02-15, 16:10
Urine sample on Monday was dipsticked at the surgery with nothing showing. It was sent away to be looked at.
Just rung up for results and the receptionist said you need to see the dr........
I am now worried sick, and shaking.
I told her I can't wait for tomorrow for an appt, I need to speak to someone today. She is seeing if someone will ring me.

Its bad news isn't it......... they've found alot of blood or something serious

johnburns232
19-02-15, 16:27
I had a similar situation once. I phoned up to get my results and I was ok at that point, the receptionist asked for my name and when she saw my name she want.....''right, ummm...ok. Let me get the doctor'' Luckily I was put straight through to him, but that was about 1 min of fearing the worst.

Do you know why he wanted to talk to me? To tell me I was fine and the tests were clear :doh:

jarmummy123
19-02-15, 16:34
Just heard from them........... I have a drug resistant infection........ Im going up the Drs now as I am worried sick........ think she knew that from my hysterical reaction on the phone.

.Poppy.
19-02-15, 19:42
Do you have a UTI? Drug resistant UTIs are becoming more and more common according to my doc - people take meds but stop taking them after they feel better so eventually bacteria that can't be killed by that particular antibiotic start cropping up.

Try not to worry, as hard as that sounds. Most likely they'll give you a different antibiotic, or a stronger one. Just be sure to drink lots of fluids and take all your meds and you'll be okay :)

Anonybrit
19-02-15, 22:14
I knew from the title it was likely to be a UTI, and just because it's "drug resistant" shouldn't worry you, it's still likely there are drugs that will treat it just less mainstream ones. Bht you're probably back from the doctor already and reassured already!