PDA

View Full Version : Can't take my mind off these worries

Josh21
19-02-15, 18:11
My anxiety is through the roof the past week or so worrying about work mainly and I don't know how to stop it!
I can't even pinpoint a specific worry, its like my mind is set on autopilot to worry regardless if I have something to be legitimately worried about. It feels like a extreme case of GAD. I take Sertaline & Risperdal and that helps a little.

I think what triggered it is there is a few changes at work (work in supermarket) and its took me out of my comfort zone/routine and I worry how I will adapt to the changes i.e I serve on the tills more now which I dread. So at work and even at home i'm on edge now anticipating going on tills and I can't make that worry go away whatever I try to combat it.

I know keeping occupied will help me take my mind off the worry but even when watching tv, reading, excercise i'm worrying about work. I don't deal well with change and a few things in my life are changing so I feel my mind is reacting to this and panicking.

How can I stop obsessing about things like this?

Oosh
19-02-15, 21:20
No I don't like change either. Many people are like that. I think it's ok and normal for many of us to not like change.

I think sometimes your anxieties are just telling you something valid too - you aren't comfortable working on the tills. Once again, many wouldn't be, including me. And I wouldn't be comfortable again until I - wasn't working on the tills :]

I think if I had to though I would aim to do it without thinking about it. When you are good at something you feel confidence in it and do it without thinking.
Feel confident and at home in doing the tills. The person you are serving might be a bit nervous. So do the tills with confidence and put those kinds of people at ease. Sometimes they get served by horrible, incompetent idiots who have a bad attitude or are rude or inconsiderate etc etc. Feel confident that you are none of those things. Instead you are thoughtful, empathetic and take pleasure from giving them a good experience. You are good at it. Feel confidence. Feel confidence and do it well without even having to think about it.
You not only do the tills well but you make people feel good, take pleasure from that.

See things differently like that and change the way you feel about it.

Or

Accept that you just don't like working on the tills and moan until you get them to give you different jobs :]
It makes sense to aim for work you enjoy and are comfortable in. You don't want to do tills, find a way to move away from it.