PDA

View Full Version : Update from Drs Appt - referring to Urologist

jarmummy123
19-02-15, 19:01
So I have been having UTI symptoms. My last sample came back today as positive for some bug (can't remember the long name!)........ anyway saw my normal lady Dr who knows I get stressed about health issues. She gave me another type of antibiotic and said as you worry about things I am sending you to see a urologist. She said there was no blood in my sample only bugs. I asked her 3 times if she thought it was really serious and she said no I don't but I know you will worry anyway so I'm referring you.

So I am stressing now.......... she got me an appt for March 2nd. Not going to stop worrying now.

johnburns232
19-02-15, 19:11
This is exactly what my doctor did, although in my case he had no choice as although I presented with UTI signs, I didn't actually have an infection. The anti biotics did work for me though, and I think it was diagnosed as some sort of phantom infection eventually.

But he said he was going to refer me anyway for piece of mind, exactly the same as yours did. A lot of the time, here in the UK anyway, referrals are getting more and more common as just a way of ticking off all the boxes. With the private firms coming in, there is the ££ element to it as well and targets...and the like.

But it sounds as if she is just doing it by the book, and making sure she's done everything she can to reassure you and put your mind at rest. You've got a good doctor there who understands you well. I wish they were all like that!