PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here

Strangelove
19-02-15, 20:30
Hi everyone. :) I've suffered from anxiety-related issues for years, and have peeked around this forum for quite some time too. Actually I was using it constantly just last week to reassure myself I didn't have MS. Amidst a terrible bout of health anxiety, which I'm still not convinced isn't something terrible, I've decided to do something about it and signed up here. It's either that or I continue to drive my poor boyfriend insane with my constant panic. :D

Honestly, I should have sought help before. I'm home from college on a medical leave due to one really bad decision: transferring to NYU, a college with no campus in the biggest city in the world, is the worst possible idea if you're anxiety-prone. I've been seeing a therapist weekly, but didn't really recognize my anxiety for the major problem that it is and have put off seeing a psychiatrist because of that.

Anyway, I'm really glad to be here and hope to help others through this, plus getting the kind of support I really need right now.

venusbluejeans
19-02-15, 20:35
Hiya Strangelove and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: