PDA

View Full Version : Chest noises when breathing???

Liv7117
19-02-15, 21:54
Hi I'm a 16 yr old girl and have HA. I recently had a cold and a bad cough, and was coughing up mucus. I feel completely better now but it's been a few days and I'm still having this weird sound in my chest when I inhale. It's like a crackly, whistling sound but I don't have asthma or anything. My chest does not feel tight, it just makes this sound. My mom won't take me to the doctors about it since I have been to them way too many times in the past few months. Is this normal after a cold?

Carnation
20-02-15, 01:30
I have it too Liv. It is a Chest Infection. Just drink plenty of fluids and keep warm and if it still continues, you made need some antibiotics. :)

Liv7117
22-02-15, 19:33
Thanks for your reply. I'm still having the chest noises and I'm worried it's pneumonia or something. I feel completely fine, it's just this chest noise that's bothering me. I don't know if I will be able to get to the doctor's this week and I'm worried I could die if I don't...is it possible that I could have pneumonia or something bad even though I don't feel sick?

Carnation
22-02-15, 20:21
No Liv, it's the mucus doing that. If you had pneumonia you would feel very ill.
There are quite a few of us that have got it on here. A bit of Sun is what we need. :)

Liv7117
24-02-15, 01:57
Thanks again for your response carnation! My chest is a bit better today and is making less noises today.

MyNameIsTerry
24-02-15, 10:50
Its just the aftermath Liv. I've had many chest infections, mostly when I was younger, and I have asthma so I have to monitor when it moves to something that needs some help by with antibiotics.

The mucus takes some time to go. Whilst you may not be coughing it up, it has still irritated your lungs and maybe there is some temporary inflammation (all normal stuff, the bodies response to fighting things off).

If the mucus is coloured, then its usually a sign of a chest infection. It can still go on its own though and good strength vitamin C can resolve it, as it did one I had a couple of weeks back, but if not you just head for your GP and they will have a listen and prescribe antibiotics which will do the trick.

I've had pneumonia and it was worse than any chest infection I have had. Its not a big killer disease as we often hear from the media though, its just more of a problem for certain groups of people such as young children, the elderley, etc. There is no reason to believe it is this anyway, it is far more likely just the aftermath of a cold and maybe an infection.

If it continues and worsens, go see your GP about it.