PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Never sleeps

Vida
20-02-15, 02:26
Hello all. I've been battling a horrible dose of HA for a couple of weeks now. If I don't completely lie to myself then it's actually been a couple of months. My first round of tests came back ok today. Still have some others to complete. But I'm on a good path.
But why, why does anxiety still have me in its grips? I feel a body twinge and the anxiety leeches onto that one thing and turns it into a whole other illness. I have been on escitalopram for 2 weeks. The dr says full effect is 1 month. I think I need some psychotherapy. Can these anxieties be cured? Or just managed? Because I know somewhere down the line I will fall ill and WILL die. I can't possibly do this forever. The anxiety is so consuming. It drains all happiness from my life.
I'm truly thankful for this website. It makes me feel like I belong somewhere when the rest of the world I live in seemingly makes me feel alone. Someone somewhere understands my fears.

Serenity1990
20-02-15, 03:52
Yes of course it can be cured. I think the key is not making the mistake of treating only the superficial: you probably have a deeper problem that's culminating as health anxiety, and so treating only the health anxiety treats only the symptom, not the cause.

plscomeandhelp
20-02-15, 06:49
well youre definitely not the only one. i went to the dentist TWICE in a week last month because i thought i had oral cancer and then hes like YOURE FINEEEEEE, im 19 by the way and ive had health anxiety for a year now.. which really sucks because it really takes my life away (even my gf says that ive changed). now im scared about having some sort of throat cancer. like pls make it stop right? also, i have a phobia for going to the doctor because i dont like hearing "the worse" news, which compounds to the health anxiety problem. what really sucks is that a lot of people i know look up to me and i dont want to be the one crashing down.