PDA

View Full Version : Lots of worries and worried about dementia

andrewjdavid2005
15-01-07, 20:15
I am worrying very much, i am feeling the worst i have ever felt in the last week or so, i have been getting so many symptoms such as severe dizziness, headaches, aches, very bad restlessness and feeling on edge, i cannot sit still and i have been trying exercise to try and combat it but i still have it and i also feel on edge.

Also my intelligence seems to be getting worse and so does my awareness, concentration and memory and a few other things hence the dementia part in the title, i think i may have dementia even though i am not even in my mid 20's.

I'm worrying like mad, the dizziness is terrible the restlessness is making me feel angry and like i am going mad!!!

nomorepanic
15-01-07, 20:55
Hi AJD

Long time no see!

Have you improved atall since we last saw you as that has to be well over 6 months ago?

Did you get that CBT we suggested as well?

How's the baby???

You won't have dementia in your 20's. These are all typical anxiety symptoms as I am sure you know deep down.

I had the dizziness for many years before it went.

Have you got a new job yet? The restlesness may be because you are bored and not stimulating your mind much.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

clickaway
15-01-07, 22:53
Hi Andrew,

Lack of concentration is certainly a symtom of anxiety - it seems our mind is so focused on our worries that there is no brainpower left for much else!

I miss the daily contact with work colleagues and living alone I don't have the practice of being so in tune with various bits of life. I sometimes struggle with some questions on the weekly online quiz we have here.

I shouldn't worry about dementia for another 50 years!

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

ceecee
16-01-07, 09:08
hi andrew
i have read your posts from a while back and i can certainly relate to everything you have said.i,m not sure how to combat this,but i just wanted you to know that you are not alone
take care
rach x

andrewjdavid2005
17-01-07, 18:09
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi AJD

Long time no see!

Have you improved atall since we last saw you as that has to be well over 6 months ago?

Did you get that CBT we suggested as well?

How's the baby???

You won't have dementia in your 20's. These are all typical anxiety symptoms as I am sure you know deep down.

I had the dizziness for many years before it went.

Have you got a new job yet? The restlesness may be because you are bored and not stimulating your mind much.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 15 January 2007 : 20:55:11</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hi,

No i haven't improved at all.

I haven't had any CBT yet, i'm on a waiting list still.

I could have dementia, it's not impossible anyone can get it, most people think dementia is just something old people get but even people in their 20's, 30's and 40's can get it.

The baby is fine thanks.

My restlessness and feeling of being very edgy will not subside even though i am exercising more, any other suggestions of how i can get rid of this.

Also my sleeping pattern is awful!! lately i sometimes take 1-2 hours sometimes more to get to sleep, sometimes i cannot get to sleep at all.

If i do get to sleep i don't more than around 5 hours sleep as i wake up and then i cannot get back to sleep.

My energy levels are very crap as well.

andrewjdavid2005
18-01-07, 17:43
What are causing these symptoms??!!! they are really driving me crazy now, i feel like i am really going to go mad and have some bad mental illness or something!!!

This restless is really annoying me, but this really tense and edgy feekling is probably worse, plus i seem to be very tired all the time latel as well.

Thing is i have never gone to bed before 12 i normally go to bed between 12 and 2 lately when i get up i feel ok then when the afternoon comes i start feeling strange and then as the day goes on my symptoms get worse and worse and i feel so dizzy and tired and it's been making me go to bed around 10 or earlier which is not normal for me.

I feel like theres loads of peoples hands on me and they are pushing their hands together on my head, chest, face, legs etc.

Last night in bed i felt the worst i have ever felt and i was convinced i was dying, i finally managed to get to sleep then i felt ok in the morning, then this afternoon the symptoms have started and now i am starting to feel awful again.

Also recently around 2 weeks ago i was changed from 5mg cipralex to 10mg would this be having any effect on me 2 weeks after upping the dose?

Thanks.

andrewjdavid2005
19-01-07, 18:38
Somebody help me out here please!!!

The situation is at the moment i am very forgetful, i don't seem to be able to do things properly, it's like i have the brain of a child, my intelligence seems to have faded away, sometimes i seem very slow and sluggish doing things and i mess things up.

But the main thing is i get up in the morning and i feel OK but not brilliant but as it gets into the afternoon i start feeling weird then after around 6pm i start feeling very strange, i start feeling really dizzy, out of it and tired and i start feeling really angry, tense, edgy, restless and like i am losing my mind etc.

I was thinking of buying a hypnotherapy cd but what are these like? and do they make any difference to how you feel? as i have been reading up on some and apparently it sends messages to your subconscious mind.

Also is there anything else that i can try???

ceecee
19-01-07, 19:53
hi andrew
i,m sure that your incraesed dose of cipralex has something to do with how you are feeling at the moment.when you first up the dose its bound to make you feel more anxious than usual!try to relax and listen to some relaxation tapes it may help!its just trail and error sometimes
take care
rach x

andrewjdavid2005
19-01-07, 20:15
Thanks for the reply!! anybody else think that upping my does from 5mg to 10mg will be having a effect on me?? i have been on the 10mg for just over a week now!! are these symptoms something to do with that??!!!