PDA

View Full Version : Letter from consultant

Cariad1
20-02-15, 14:23
I have been getting alot of pelvic pains over the last few months and was sent for an internal scan, which i was told was 'unremarkable'

I then had a follow up with a gynae and was told i have a small cyst on my cervix which is nothing to worry about.

Today i get a letter from the consultant, for my info only, telling me his findings and also discharging me back into the care of my GP but also he has written the scan showed possible 'benign cystic endometrial hyperplasia '

This has freaked me out as when i googled you guessed it i found sites telling me this could lead to endometrial cancer!

Has anyone had any experience with this? I have not been asked to undertake any sort of treatment or anything and it has left me a little worried :(

Thank you x

PaulieC
20-02-15, 14:56
My wife has endometriosis, and while it's painful for her, it's not life threatening. She had an operation to remove a cyst on her ovaries and she's fine.

Fishmanpa
20-02-15, 15:47
possible 'benign cystic endometrial hyperplasia '

Key word being BENIGN ;)

Positive thoughts

Annie0904
20-02-15, 17:07
I agree with Fishmanpa and the benign word would be the most important one to me :)

Cariad1
20-02-15, 19:56
Thanks everyone i really do appreciate it.

I did the total wrong thing and googled to find out what it was as it was never mentioned at my scan or the gynae appointment and stumbled across some not to very nice things!

Scan was back in Sept, gynae early Jan and im trying to tell myself if anything nasty was suspected they would have whipped me in pretty quick.

I did call the surgery this evening but apparently they have not got the consultants report back yet but i already got mine?!

xx

AlexandriaUK
20-02-15, 21:57
My Dr has told me never never never Google, because whatever you put in you will eventually find your nemesis, heart, cancer etc, so athletes foot could end up as whatever you spend time looking for, she said that if I must look check something like patient UK, I did about my liver and it was sensible advice, but best of all she said I'm your Dr come see me LOL

RedXIII
20-02-15, 23:31
Benign is the most beautiful word in the world. Isn't it?

Just seeing it makes me feel good...