PDA

View Full Version : Have I done the right thing..... NHS Vs Private Appts

jarmummy123
20-02-15, 16:29
My GP has referred me to a urologist as she knows I worry and panic.

She get me an appt for 2nd March so week on Monday. Must have been a cancellation as she said next appt was end of March. Anyway, my local private hospital has an appt with a urologist (who also works in the NHS dept where I am going). The appt is this Thursday. I got some money for my birthday so could use to pay for the consultation. I thought about it all morning and for the first time weighed things up...........

I am convinced I have cancer, my GP says we have proof of bacteria from urine sample so UTI.
I think they have referred me as they are worried, my GP says she is referring me as I worry and panic and she knows I won't settle.

I decided that I will wait for the NHS appt which is only a few days after.

Now I am worried I have made the wrong decision............

Serenity1990
20-02-15, 16:31
It's a few days. You made the right choice.

SarahH
20-02-15, 17:08
Right choice..stick with NHS. Its only a few more days to wait.

Sarah

Magic
20-02-15, 18:30
You made the right choice. If it was a few weeks then that's a bit too long Good Luckxx

cattia
20-02-15, 21:00
You've done the right thing. I had this dilema over a mole recently. I was told to wait 2 weeks by the GP and come back and see whether there were any changes. I almost went out of my mind and booked a private appointment, but then I realised that I would just be feeding my anxiety and the GP was just following protocol. When I went back he confirmed the mole was OK. Some doctors to refer you for tests urgently because they know you panic. I got referred for an urgent ultrasound last year and my dr told me it was because my anxiety about it was so bad, but in actual fact it almost made me worse because I thought he must think it's something serious! A few more days would not make any difference. It sounds like a UTI to me although I am no doctor. Good luck!

Ange1
21-02-15, 00:59
Definitely right choice. Spend your birthday money on a lovely treat for yourself :) x