PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Psammead
21-02-15, 03:14
Ahoy. I have had social anxiety for years, but was first medicated due to work and other stress a couple of years ago. Didn't get on well with citalopram, currently on 45mgs Mirtazapine , 30 - 40 mgs Propranalol up to three times a day, Zopiclone 7.5mgs. Also doing CBT, paying because the NHS told me it would take 8 months. Can't afford it which makes it worse.

Aside from hugely embarrassing panic attacks, which have resulted in public collapses, the chest pain and thumping pulse are the most problematic. Everything is much worse when I've had no sleep. Which feels like it is often.

GP has suggested Amitryptaline because he isn't keen on Zopliclone. All I've been able to find is stuff which suggests this is not a great idea, so would appreciate advice ?

venusbluejeans
21-02-15, 03:20
Hiya Psammead and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: