View Full Version : cyst in gum or oral cancer - can anyone help?

tan235
21-02-15, 03:23
I went to the dentist _yes I'm re writing as no one answered.

I got an x ray - she said she's unable to confirm but thinks I have a cyst.
I have to go see a surgeon.

I get this infected gum, always in the same place ever since I had my wisdom teeth taken out.

I googled cyst and now I think it's cancer.

I got my wisdom teeth taken out 8 years ago - can cancer go away and come back for 8 years?

I"m seriously freaking out - anyone had a cyst that went away and came back?
It's heals after about 4 days then it comes back again normally 8 months later... I think I get it about 3 or 4 times a year ... its starting to really concern me - I can't think straight.

Anyone had a cyst?
Please....

tan235
21-02-15, 08:27
Still no one?

patty sordiff
21-02-15, 12:52
hi,im sorry that no one is replying,i went to the dentist about 6 months ago and the doctor put too much pressure on my tongue and my tooth was under it,i was numb and didnt know at the time that it cause d a blood blister,it wont go away,this really scares me also,have you found out whats going on with yours? please let me know ok? good luck !! please add me if you want,im new,just registered here 10 minutes ago thanks:D

Munchlet
21-02-15, 14:41
Hi

I don't know anything about cysts in your mouth/gums but I do know that cysts can disappear and then come back again in the same place.

My friend had one in her breast and it got drained and then several years later she had to have it drained again.

I suppose it makes sense because it's just fluid so over time it would more than likely accumulate again.

I honestly think if it were cancer it wouldn't go away it would just get progressively worse, cancer doesn't disappear it's there all the time.

I know it's really hard by try not to worry, from what I understand cysts look very different on x rays and scans to cancer because they are fluid filled and produce different images to solid tumours.