PDA

View Full Version : brain tumor fears AGAIN . HELP!

violet33
21-02-15, 20:12
I had been posting for a while about MILD but frequent headaches that move from spot to spot from 7/2011 til around 2/2014. Then it slowed down but didnt stop completely. Recently its started up again, still mild & moving from spot to spot. There are NO neurological symptoms, but im stsrting to freak out in panic. Unfortunately i read that tumor symptom can cause pain when bending & when i bend SOMETIMES I get a MILD pain at base of skull. This intermittent not constant. I think it could be neck related but i also get mild pain on & off on top of head & forehead. As i said its mild. Sometimes sharp & other times duller. Please respond. I really need feedback as soon as possible. Freaking myself out in a panic. Thank You!

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

Someone please please respond. Im so panicked!

Vigilante
21-02-15, 23:04
What does your rational side tell you?

violet33
22-02-15, 09:48
I came to ask a question. Rationally i thnk tumor would be much more painful & constant & since thiis has existed since 7/2011 if truly serious id probably be dead already, but rationality & logic doesn't always connect with a panic stricken mind. If it did why would i have come here?

Fishmanpa
22-02-15, 11:44
I came to ask a question. Rationally i thnk tumor would be much more painful & constant & since thiis has existed since 7/2011 if truly serious id probably be dead already, but rationality & logic doesn't always connect with a panic stricken mind. If it did why would i have come here?

Honestly Violet, there was no question in your OP. You asked for feedback which really was for a fix of reassurance. One of the positive steps toward healing is self-reassurance. Taking what you said above and repeating it is really no different than people here saying it. You can even take what you wrote above and write it out a dozen times as it's really no different than reading the same thing from someone else.

You answered your own question.

Positive thoughts

Vigilante
22-02-15, 15:43
Honestly Violet, there was no question in your OP. You asked for feedback which really was for a fix of reassurance. One of the positive steps toward healing is self-reassurance. Taking what you said above and repeating it is really no different than people here saying it. You can even take what you wrote above and write it out a dozen times as it's really no different than reading the same thing from someone else.

You answered your own question.

Positive thoughts

This exactly, you already knew the answer and the only real way of dealing with Health Anxiety is self reassure and then forget about the problem. I'm trying hard to do this same thing myself so I do know how you feel.

violet33
25-02-15, 18:32
It is different hearing it from
Others as sometimes ppl need some form of confirmation of what they already think as reassurance. Self reassurance is not always enough. Sometimes I am very alone with my thoughts and I need someone else's feedback even if they are repeating my thoughts to me & actually when I post something I don't know if someone is going to repeat back to me what I'm thinking. The Response I get could be entirely different than what I expect.

Dazza123
25-02-15, 18:41
I used to get cluster headaches, which are like a migraine, which lasted weeks at a time, started around 7pm each evening, and drove me insane, no painkillers worked and I just had to suffer, but they passed and I now only get them on the odd occasion. There are so many things that can cause headaches and head pain, but as you are aware, you are ok, just needing a little reassurance, which hopefully you now have. Anything more severe than a headache would have severely progressed by now :)

violet33
25-02-15, 18:53
Thank You very much! The thing is there was A gap in this whole thing because I had from July 2011 til Jan 2014. It Then slowed down but seems to be picking up again. Any medical professional that I spoke to did not have answers other than to say that it wasn't life-threatening or serious which was very helpful but I still didn't know the source of the problem. So I'm pretty much trying to figure this out on my own. It's just not always easy when you're by yourself trying to work something out without any kind of support.

Dazza123
25-02-15, 19:04
Bad posture is a good one for headaches, at the minute I have pain in the back of my neck and for the past week its given me headaches on and off which have been quite painful, also medication could be a cause, there are so many possibilities with a headache but just try not to worry Violet, you're going to be ok, maybe its just one of those things that doesn't have a specific explanation.

violet33
25-02-15, 21:24
Thank You. This certainly does seem non specific but i have some ideas as to some of the causes. I thimk thats what gets ne. Not knowing the exact cause. But thats what i have to deal with.

Dazza123
25-02-15, 23:26
I have a sore tongue, on and off for 3 years, really bad at times and stops me from eating, so I immediately assumed some type of cancer, had loads of different tests and nothing has come back. Just one of those (very irritating) things.

I just hope you can find a cause, with or without help, and get some relief :)